News:

bookmark Fibsboard to the front page for all the News http://www.fibsboard.com

Main Menu

conquering canerica

Started by Curunar, May 20, 2009, 01:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curunar

Hello there,

I'm playing mainly on Dailygammon and with Risk in mind I have conceived a game called "Conquering Canerica" that is now played in that community by ± 50 people.

The idea is an island divided in 36 squares.

• The capital - consists of four districts being the four squares in the middle.
  • The rest of the island is divided in 4 home territories of 8 states
  • At the start of the game every faction has 8 players(1 per state) on the field + 4 on the bench

Every team (there are 4) tries to reach the winning conditions (there are many) by conquering the other factions' states. Battle is ofcourse done by playing backgammon games (1 pointers / twice a day). For every battle there are points that can be earned and with those points you can bring on reinforcements.

You can have a look at the game sheet here: http://www.editgrid.com/user/curunar/Canerica_VI
You can check the rules page here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddpbkwz2_16dd5sspc3
You can check the reporting thread (you need to have an ID at Dailygammon) here: http://www.dailygammon.com/bg/forum2/main/read/28845

For those who can't log in to Dailygammon, I'll copy the first post in the next reply

Curunar

Canerica VI - Rules and Reporting thread
The teams for Canerica VI have the same players as in V; the only difference is that Terry, who has a holiday coming up, will be replaced as captain by Mejuca.
If you still want to join as a regular player (just playing 1 point games with a time limit of twice a day) you can still enlist here. You will be added in the first team that needs to be reinforced!

Rules page (for the captains): http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddpbkwz2_16dd5sspc3

The map can be found here: http://www.editgrid.com/user/curunar/Canerica_VI

HOME TERRITORIES AND BONUS POINTS

A team will always get one bonus point when it holds at least three states. In order to win extra points based on territory (1 for every 3 states), none of its home territories (a zone of eight) may be claimed by enemy forces.

If a team holds all 8 states, then they receive a bonus of 2 (8 / 3 = 2). If, on top of that, they hold 2 more states then that would mean 1 more bonus point (8 + 2 = 10 states. 10 / 3 = 3 bonus points in total).

If, in the next turn, the team would lose one of the “home states”, they would still hold 9 states but would only receive 1 bonus point based on territories.

The colors on the tabs (names of the states) will remain unchanged during the game to indicate what every teams' home territory is.

The color of the field will (as before) indicate who has claimed it.

Holding any district of the capital will give you a bonus point; Holding all four will give you 4 + 2 = 6 bonuspoints!!

=> We start with 8 players to be divided over the 8 home-spots. THIS MEANS YOU POST 1 PLAYER PER TERRITORY FOR NOW.

Then night moves can come in.

HOLIDAYS

If you have a holiday period coming up, please notify me in advance of when you'll be away. You'll then be temporarily replaced by one of your team mates.

CAPTAINS

The captains in the next game will be:

- Alaska: Squirrelly

- New Foundland: Paulineee

- California: Mejuca

- Florida: Rick Ryker

WINNING CONDITIONS

1) Hold the state of Canerica (all 4 districts) + your home territory (total = 12)

2) Hold the state of Canerica (all 4 districts) + 10 other states (=14)

3) Hold the state of Canerica (all 4 districts) + any 2 corner-capitals

4) Hold your home territory + 2 corner-capitals

5) Hold all 4 corner capitals

6) Hold your home territory + 8 other states (=16)

7) Hold at least 4 states in every territory, Canerica not included, (= 16, no capitals needed)

8) Hold at least 20 states, regardless of where they are situated; no capitals needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Examples of a captain moving:

A) Neighbour state X is occupied by the enemy at the end of the day.

A conditional order is issued saying "Captain will go to X and if possible move on to Y" This means that if:

--1) The state is still occupied in the morning: captain will do battle there and he will not be able to move on to state Y

--2) The previous occupant of state X has left AND is not replaced by another member of his team: the state is considered to be claimed but not occupied in the morning: captain will move through state X (thus claiming it for his team) and he will be able to move on to state Y (if Y is still neutral or already claimed by his team).

B) Neighbour state X is neutral at the end of the day.

A captain can move in to claim it and continue to invade another hostile or not hostile state.

--1 If nothing else happens in state X then it keeps the color of that captains' team

--2 If another captain does the same (just passing through) in the same night, then the state remains neutral.

--3 If a regular player lands on this state then the effect of an enemy captain having passed through there is lost and the state is claimed by the team of the regular player without a fight (because the enemy captain is not there to fight - he moved on).

C) Neighbour state X is claimed but unoccupied at the end of the day.

A captain can move in to claim it and then continue to another neutral state or to one already claimed by his own team

--1 If nothing else happens in state X then it keeps the color of that captains' team

--2 If the captain of the team previously claiming that state does the same (just passing through) in the same night, then the state keeps its colors.

--2B If another captain does the same (just passing through) in the same night, then the state becomes neutral again.

--3 If a regular player lands on this state then the effect of any captain having passed through there is lost and the state is claimed by the team of the regular player without a fight (because the enemy captain is not there to fight - he moved on).

Curunar

It's a lot of reading, I know, but that is only for the 4 captains. The other players just have to worry about winning the battles that were arranged for them by their captains.

If you can access the editgrid-gamesheet, you can go to the "archives" tab to see how the current game developped. In the "Bonus sheet", you can see how bonuspoints were earned and spent.

All in all it's quite fun!

Best regards,

Curunar

lele0124

Conquering .i like this word!
hows everything going ? by the way ,u havent come back for a long time,
why?  :mellow:

Curunar

I checked back in the beginning but as there were no reactions, after a while I gave up.

Should you be interested in joining Canerica VIII on dailygammon then you can contact me there - it'll start somewhere this week

socksey

Sounds like a lot of fun, but I never join any game with less than a 48 hour time limit and at least a 250 hour pad in case I am called away from home for some emergency or go on vacation.  When I went on a month long trip a couple of years ago, I had to find a library wherever we stopped so I could go play my dailygammon.   :laugh:

Although I own a laptop now, I still have not figured out how to use it remotely.

socksey

Honesty is not so much a credit as an absolute prerequisite to efficient service to the public. Unless a man is honest, we have no right to keep him in public life, it matters not how brilliant his capacity." - Theodore Roosevelt

jorgea

This sounds like a really fun game. Thanks for creating it.