News:

welcome to Fibsboard! your global moderators are stog (and mrs stog) socksey sixty diane zorba and a wonderful group of individual board moderators ......thx to ALL

Main Menu

Match 1, Game 3, Move 11, factotum

Started by blitzxz, May 27, 2009, 07:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blitzxz

6-5?

Score:
Green(forum) 2, White(factotum) 0, match to 5.

Pips:
Green 135 White 159

GnuID:
HJ/BDCCw3eCABQ:EoG6AAAAEAAA

vikingblood80

Spoiler
My choice would be 13/8 21/15. Not breaking the anchor, getting down another builder safely and still keeping some contact in the outer board
[close]
Vikings had more fun at work

diane

Spoiler
21-15, 13-8 would be my choice- there isnt anything obvious such as hits to do - so make a start start on moving  the back men forward and bring down a builder to think about a proper trap for our back checker. Our lack of home points or prime makes it fairly safe to leave the one on the 15.

I do find our board a bit surprising though, I didnt think we had done that - going back now to see what we did  :wacko:
[close]
Never give up on the things that make you smile

diane

Ahh, we chose 11-6, well, we are in a pickle arent we  ;)  :laugh:

vikingblood80

diane

Quote from: vikingblood80 on May 27, 2009, 01:22:04 PM
what does that mean? we are in trouble?

Not 'trouble', more 'awkward', or 'tricky'.

Spoiler
I dont like that lonesome point on the 15, and all three points are stripped, with his 20 point sitting waiting to pounce. Then of course there is the back checker at the very back of that prime.  I just think this might get tricky to play well. Unless of course we get that back checker to the 15 point, then roll 66 for the rest of the game  ;)
[close]

ah_clem

Quote from: diane on May 27, 2009, 10:49:04 AM
Ahh, we chose 11-6, well, we are in a pickle arent we 

Yes we are.  A quick rollout shows that 11/6 was a terrible move that leaves us in an awkward position.  It also shows that 11/6 was the least terrible move out of all the options and therefore the correct decision by a good margin.  I love this game...

factotum

21-15, 13-8.  Most of your hitting numbers leave me serious return shots :)

lewscannon

Quote from: factotum on May 27, 2009, 05:48:11 PM
21-15, 13-8.  Most of your hitting numbers leave me serious return shots :)

He's playing right into our hands. Get the 3-3 roll ready.

diane

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Blitz, can you let Lews roll for us, he is good at that bit....  :lol:

vikingblood80

Zorba

The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

socksey

I would have gone 21/15 20/15.   ;)  But, what do I know?!   :laugh:

socksey

"I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a moaner." - Robin Williams

factotum

sox a general rule of thumb is, when behind stay back for the hit.   my 5pt anchor is gold, and should give you fits for several more rolls.

diane

vikingblood80

Quote from: diane on May 28, 2009, 07:51:02 PM
Yup, I am fitting  :laugh: :laugh:

we both do  :)

factotum gave only the shortest explanation why the move is the best choice by no doubt. he have to keep much contact since he's behind in the race.his anchor is very powerful for defensive reasons and controlling the outfield-huge blunder to give it up now, since he would need it at least some more moves.With 13/8 he gets another very important builder (or attacker) for his homeboard points. His blot on the 15 is not in danger at all, it even is like a decoy to us.If he gets hit its no big deal for him. 4 big reasons why : Anyway he's behind in the race, he got the golden anchor, he will have many return shots and his last runner will get more and more isolated.

we are playing some similar match at Hardy's Board despite we write in German we call the obvious moves a "Next"..so this would be a at least a semi-next  :laugh: