News:

click the random photo on the front page to go directly to the forum

Main Menu

Match 1, Game 3, Move 12, factotum

Started by Zorba, May 30, 2009, 03:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorba

I'll fill in for blitzxz while he's away for the weekend. Never mind the different board ;)

Match to 5, factotum 0 FIBSBoard forum 2

Pips factotum 148 FIBSBoard forum 119

GnuBG ID: dpwNDCCw3cEEAw:EoGlAAAAEAAA

factotum to play 3-1:
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

factotum

I can't safety my blot, so I think I'll improve the distribution of my builders.  8-5, 7-6.

diane

I thought the builders looked ok, and would have gone for moving the blot forward myself...15-11
Never give up on the things that make you smile

playBunny

Spoiler
It would be 15/12 7/6 for me. Leaving the blot on the 15-point makes the 5 useful for us whereas on the 12-point the hit duplicates the 2 which we could otherwise use to advance our backrunner to the 21-point, from where it could escape with a 6. 15/11 is better at reducing the hits but I think the point just mentioned, along with putting an attacker on the 6-point tips it in favour of 15/12 7/6
[close]

Zorba

Spoiler
factotum can improve his builder distribution here, the reason is that he wouldn't mind too much breaking his eightpoint to create a good homeboard point. To a smaller extent, this is true for his barpoint as well: he wouldn't want to give it up right now, but if we move up and he could point on us with a checker from his barpoint he'd do that. Compare this to his six- and fivepoint: he would hardly ever give those up to build another point. So the builders are better off on his 6 and 5 points than on his 7pt and most of all, on his 8pt.

However, I prefer to move that blot around and past his midpoint, because it's less shots for us and also, the rolls that hit play uncomfortably, leaving many juicy returns for factotum.

Add to that the 2-duplication (hit/step-up) as playBunny mentioned, and I also arrived at 15/13 7/6, but factotum's move and 15/11 look okay too.
[close]
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill