News:

**VIP donor members can set up a profile gallery, only viewable by those on their buddy list ****

Main Menu

Mat-File is not complete

Started by spirit, August 05, 2009, 01:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spirit

@all

I searched in the forum about such a topic but I couldn't find anything which deals with such a problem.

All my mat-files miss the last 1 or 2 lines, even when I convert the log to mat. In the log-file one can see the last move but not in the mat-file.

Maybe there's any suggestion for me.  :yes:

Thanks
Spirit

diane

Since no one else has answered this yet, I noticed this in the 3Dfibs helpfile [although the really good page on anzwers.org has gone]

QuoteA saved game did not convert to Jellyfish format correctly..
3DFiBs saves a log file of a game while playing and converts to jf.mat at the end of the match. Sometimes the first few lines of a log file and mixed up causing the jf.mat converion to fail. This can usually be corrected by manually fixing the log file and usisng the convert log-"jfmat menu. Most common errors are missing match starting lines at the very beginning. Compare the file to a known good copy and transfer the lines and save.

I don't know if that helps - but hopefully someone else can expand on that if needed.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

spirit

@Diane

Thanks for the response.  :)

I already read this remark but in my case it's the end of the mat-file which is corrupted. GNU can import the file and the very last move is missing. Other analyse software refuse to import. Well, one can repair the file manually and add what's missing but this shouldn't be the option.

Spirit

diane

At the risk of repeating myself - and others, this rarely happens with javafibs  ;) 

That being said - lag, which causes disconnects and other problems may be causing the problem you have - if it is only happening with some matches.  If that is the case - it is not a problem with the interface, and there is no fix but the manual one.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

spirit

@Diane

Well, I've also JavaFIBS2001 on my PC and it works well, only the actual number of players is not correct.  :laugh:

It was my curiosity which let me install 3DFibs too.  :yes: I thought the one who designed 3DFibs would be interested to know this bug and it happens with every game even the offline GNU games.

Thanks again for the response.

Spirit

socksey

The actual numbers with Javafibs is to make programmable buttons that you click in this sequence just after you log on, rawwho, set sortwho rrating, (then pause, then) set sortwho rating, set sortwho rrating.  This will usually raise your actual numbers to the correct number.  Sometimes you will need to repeat this sequence, but it usually works the first time.   :yes:

socksey

"Race fans, I had inferred from my one trip to the Brickyard 400, fell into one of two categories: tattooed, shirtless, sewer-mouthed drunks, and their husbands." - Steve Ruchin

spirit

@socksey

Thanks for this advise. I also saw this now in a german forum and it works well.  :cool:

Spirit