News:

Check out the small but well formed 'Campaigns' board --we all feel strongly about something: alert us to a campaign, add a poll - be concise, and aware of strong editorial ;)

Main Menu

Game 3, move 13: roadkillbooks 4-1

Started by Zorba, August 10, 2009, 11:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorba

The Forum played their ugly 2-1 15/13 8/7, now it's roadkillbooks (white) to play 4-1:

21jgBAOMM3gGAw:AQGmACAAAAAA
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

NIHILIST

Please, Brer Roadkill, don't throw us in that briar patch.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

diane

:laugh: :laugh: I wonder if he will!

Spoiler
hard to know what to do with this - the hit seems so awful, that moving 13-8 seems better!!
[close]
Never give up on the things that make you smile

roadkillbooks

A quite sorry roll  I guess all that means is that its on the lower half of preferred rolls.  I definitely wanted to hit. The hit here however is not strong. I leave 2 blots and i havent counted but there are a lot of return shots and my board is considerably weaker than the forums right now.  This will not be the last chance for a hit in this situation.  Finally unstacking and adding a builder to my forever stripped 8 point seems like a constructive thing to do. My 8 point has been stripped since I desperately covered it a month ago.  The hit seems a bit desperate.  Over the board it's an easy play to do when on gets caught in the flow of the game and is thinking...HIT...HIT...HIT.  Each move is a new opportunity though.
13/8

Zorba

GnuBG 4-ply:

Spoiler

Definitely right to shun the hit here. If you look at the w/g/bg breakdown, you see hitting does not win more games than simply playing 13/8. It does however lose an extra 6.5% gammons, which makes it a Whopper to hit.

1. Cubeful 4-ply    13/8                         Eq.:  -0,0607
        47,99  11,14   0,22 -  52,01  13,25   0,20
        4-ply cubeful prune
    2. Cubeful 4-ply    15/10*                       Eq.:  -0,1583 ( -0,0976)
        47,92  10,69   0,24 -  52,08  19,85   0,54
        4-ply cubeful prune
[close]
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill