News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

sort

Started by jtemp, April 06, 2004, 08:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtemp

Im using JavaFibs 3 days now.......before i use MacFibs.....for years (OS9.2)
First thing im missing is the update in the sort menu..............
In MacFibs it was easy to have a list of ready player sortet(?) on rating; and it stay sortet...
If i do the sort on JavaFIBS, its right for only 1/2 second; after that it's unsortet again...;;((((
hup holland hup

alef

It does take a while to get used to a new interface. I used MacFIBS from 1996 until just last year, but JavaFibs has grown on me a lot. Having all your invites appear in one window at the top right is much tidier than all the windows popping up everywhere. The programmable buttons are very cool. But mainly it's the ability to save matches and convert them to Jellyfish format for gnubg that I value.

As for keeping your list of 'readies' sorted by rating, well... dunno, guess we all find different details important. I miss having my buddies coloured and all their text in the shouts and tells following that colour (not just their names).

diane

In java - if you click on the tab at the top of the column of interest - the playerlist will be sorted by that.  SAo, if you click on the heading 'rating' - it will sort by rating, if you click on 'name'  it will sort by name - i mostly sort by status, unless im running a tourney - and it is quicker to find people if sorted by name. Not entirely sure if you could do multiple sorts though - ie rating and experience - never tried it!
Hope this is of some use - if not well it all helps me move towards the next 'catagory'  :)  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

cthulhu

You can not have the player list sorted on two categories I'm afraid. If you are only interested in the ready players, you can use the filter buttons so you only will see the ready players. Then you can sort the list by their rating, which will give you the list of ready players sorted by their rating. Holding down shift while clicking on the tabs will reverse the sorting.

alef

I believe what jtemp is requesting is a 'continual' sorting. For example on MacFIBS if you sort the players ready by rating and then a new person becomes ready s/he then appears correctly in the list. On JavaFIBS your list is only sorted when you click the top column and you must click again later as new people appear to keep it properly sorted. A subtle feature, but the sort of thing you only notice and appreciate when it's no longer there.

diane

I guess i have never watched it that closely - the names stay sorted, i am nearly sure of that - as i say - i use it for running tourneys - and as far as i have noticed they stay in alphabetical order - and the same with the status list - once sorted, it stays sorted.  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

alef

Credit to cthulhu, it does automatically maintain the sorts! Not sure what you were doing wrong jtemp?

cthulhu

I'm not sure but I think Jtemp may want to have it sorted by both ready and rating, so that ready ppl are shown at the top but are still kept sorted in rating order. This JF does not do. It only stays sorted by one category.