News:

**VIP donor members can set up a profile gallery, only viewable by those on their buddy list ****

Main Menu

Show saved games

Started by olachen, September 27, 2009, 12:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olachen

Yesterday I had to stop different matches because I could not roll the dice anymore at one time.
Now if I want to resume the games - how can I see all my saved games?
My boyfriend plays with JavaFibs and there you can see all your saved matches and if the players are online.
So how does it work with CocoaFibs? (Mac OS X 10.5)

socksey

Doesn't matter your client.   :)  "Show saved" is a Fibs command and it will list your saved matches.   ;)

For the other "could not roll the dice anymore" problem, you might try commanding "board" to refresh board instead of leaving first.  I'm not familiar with CocoaFibs so I don't know if you have a button for that.  I do recommend you download Javafibs and chuck your CocoaFibs client.  Javafibs is the best client for both PC and Mac's.  ;)

socksey

The Secret of Success is knowing who to Blame for Your Failures. - Lithograph from Despair.com

diane

The trouble with cocoa fibs is that the command function is either hard to find, or not present - I forget which.  Even if you send the command, then it doesn't have a terminal window to show the display.....

I am gonna say something which some of you will have heard before...and others will hear many times again....

bin cocoafibs, and learn to use javafibs....if your boyfriend uses it, then you can have help right there....

Javafibs runs on the mac, in case that is your concern [that is what I am using on my Mac]
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Rafmanxd

Hi im useing mobile phone when playing and wanted to know if there is away to see all my saved ?

diane

You cannot do this on the odesys client, because you dont have command function, or server output, but now with new 'show savedfor <playername>', anyone can look them up for you. Since you clearly have access to a computer, and found this place - how about you try downloading javafibs, and at least when you are home, log in from there and see fibs properly  :cool:

meanwhile..here are your current saved games:

-> show savedfor rafmanxd
  opponent          matchlength   score (user's points first)
  DollyMadison            1                0 -  0
  frenchy                   1                0 -  0
  hasansadi                1                0 -  0
  edwin                     1                0 -  0
  spadeko                  1                0 -  0
  TimurIPR                 1                0 -  0
  neinfricatu               1                0 -  0
  airhead                   1                0 -  0

on odesys, if you invite any of these players to a match, it will automatically ask them to resume the old match, rather than to start a new one.

Rafmanxd

Hi again thanks about the info is there any way to clear those saved games cose its not me droped them and im trying finish them but this guys acept hasansadi never online its total unfair

diane

-> show savedfor rafmanxd
  opponent          matchlength   score (user's points first)
  isabelbarrera          1                0 -  0
  DollyMadison          1                0 -  0
  frenchy                 1                0 -  0
  vels                      1                0 -  0
  mtwain                  1                0 -  0
  neinfricatu             1                0 -  0
  airhead                 1                0 -  0

You already have one less  ;)

I would advise you to use the tools, but none are available to you on odesys - please try from your computer with a proper interface, it will make things a lot fairer  :cool:

Rafmanxd

Hi what you mean by saying proper intrface?

Patti

FIBS has a rich feature set.

Mobile phone clients, especially the one for Android, only exposes a small subset of that feature set.  There is a lot of FIBS functionality that is completely inaccessible to you if you use a mobile client.  PC/Mac clients provide a much better FIBS experience.

Rafmanxd

Yes but im playing when im out backgammon and when im home other game

diane

Then live with the 'unfairness'.

You have no idea what you are missing - I cannot understand why you wont log in from a PC even once to give it a look. I bet those other games wont seem half so absorbing aftrer an hour or so of backgammon  ;)

Odesys is a very basic client, so you experience a very basic srevice - take or leave it.

socksey

Please see diane's post above.   :(

socksey

If man happens to find himself....he has a mansion which he can inhabit with dignity all the days of his life. - James Michener

Rafmanxd

Lol i gut fibs on my pc but useing it to saw droped i dont like play on pc back its much much easyer on my mobile just 1 problem to see droped game its silly becose when u gut 11 saved games im geting warning  so somere in the server there is acounting

Patti

Wow, Rafmanxd... Could you perhaps use sentences and punctuation?  I'm trying to make sense of what you just said and it's not working for me.

Rafmanxd

Sorrx my english not perfect what didnt u understend?

Patti

"so somewhere in the server there is accounting".

Yes, the server has a count of all of your existing unfinished matches.  That's what provides the count of your unfinished matches.

Your mobile client is very limited in what it can do.  If you want to see a list of your unfinished matches, you'll probably have to use a PC-based client.  Or pressure the developer of your client to give you that feature.

Rafmanxd

Hi again the problem its in my mobile? Not in server? How can my providore can solve it?

socksey

Ask and plead with them to fix, not us!   :thumbsup2:  We can't! 

socksey

I care about truth not for truth's sake but for my own. - Samuel Butler

Rafmanxd

Hi again i remembered why i didnt liked the pc fibs version becose when u hosting 1 point game other player can dubbel and its kind off cheat

diane

Quote from: Rafmanxd on March 13, 2011, 07:52:14 PM
Hi again i remembered why i didnt liked the pc fibs version becose when u hosting 1 point game other player can dubbel and its kind off cheat

I dont know which client you used, but the FIBs server default setting is to enforce the crawford rule, which means you cant double in a one point match. For a player to be able to double a 1 point match, both players have to toggle the crawford rule off.

Having said that, there is no change to the match points from doubling a one point match. http://www.fibs.com/help.html

To quote from the FAQ section there..

QuoteWhen are the winning points set for the match?

As soon as an invite is accepted FIBS calculates the winning/losing points for that match based on both opponents rating and experience. It makes no difference to the points won or lost if a player wins, say, a 3 point match 3-2, 3-1, 10-2 or whatever. The points for a win or loss, set at the moment of invite, remain the same.

So if someone doubles you in a one point match, smile at their foolishness, take the cube and carry on.