News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

BillyWorld

Started by Sequit, September 29, 2009, 06:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sequit

Billy Craven, (BillyWorld), passed away July 28th, at age 30. He spent a short time on the Fibs server, and made a larger than normal impact. His backgammon skills were honed enough that some thought he must be using a bot. But, clearly, he was a very good player, making FLG Masters in record time.

His inter-personal skills were perfect for Fibs shouts. Many spirited debates revolved around him; he contributed greatly to the fibs community by way of engaging all comers on a range of topics.

He certainly took me through a range of emotion, starting with some fear, and eventually enjoyment. I will miss him. Please, join me in wishing Billy and his family peace.

Let's have a BillyWorld wake soon.

adz

I 2nd Dea's comment's whole heartedly, Billy took his BG very seriously, and was a fun guy to banter with. He will be missed. 

spielberg

I'll miss him too. I played Billy as often as he'd let me and will remember him, partially for the strength of his play, far more for his sense of humour. We once agreed that there's a distinct tendency for male shrinks to be more Freudian than their female colleagues - Oedipus writ large!

Trilli

Rest in peace Billy.....love Trilli

manxcat

Will miss you Billy.  Don't give the angels too hard a time.
-manxy
I would rather be villified for doing the right thing, than be praised for doing the wrong thing. -unknown, very likely it was me.

inim

I am deeply saddened to learn about BillyWorld's passing. Billy was a witty shouter and a good player. My heartfelt condolences go to his family too, it is hard to lose a son so untimely. You will be missed, Billy.
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rĂ¥ and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.

socksey

I think all of us who knew Billy share the sadness of his parting.   :cry: 

There are no words to describe the loss of a child.  The hurt never goes away, but it does get easier, with time.   :mellow:  I hope this time comes quickly for Billy's family and friends.

R.I.P., Billy.  We will miss you.

socksey

The best sermons are lived, not preached.- unknown

jackdaddy

Glad I got to know you Billy. You made FIBS a more interesting place in your time there. RIP

roadkillbooks

This is definitely a downer.  I was just wondering about him.  We entered fibs league together and we had classic battles in both sesame and gold league.  We had a lot of mutual respect for each other and you are missed.  30 is not old enough. rest in peace

roadkillbooks

PersianLord

This is truly shocking. Last night, after a long time without activity on FIBS or this board, I visited this page and saw the "billyworld" thread and ...

I was perhaps amongst the first fibsroids who got in contact with Billy. Back in 2008 spring, GamesGrid was closed and some of gridders joined FIBS. Kamyar, a professional Persian player from LA, was among them and so was Billy. They were friends and I had the pleasure to get them acquainted with FIBS features & environment. Both of them were strong and solid players, with Billy enjoying a bigger share of passion. I had some issues with him later but I am happy now that we got over that and become friends again.

Now I miss Billy wholeheartedly, like all of fibsters. I hope that his family can cope with the great loss. Rest in Peace Billy!

Regards
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K