News:

we welcome new Sponsors..keep the board going.....advertise your thing for a modest donation contact the webmaster@fibsboard.com

Main Menu

Game 5, move 13 : Forum 4-2

Started by diane, October 09, 2009, 06:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Well, we had some obvious next moves after the hit which we narrowly chose - and we seem to have at least temporarily stopped rolling 3-2  ;)

rkb danced with 66,   y7YGMQDMtoMBYA:MAG7ACAAGAAA

we rolled 55, which was a pretty obvious next, zLaDAWDLtgYxAA:cIm2ACAAGAAA  [16/11, 8/3(2), 7/2]

rkb is now closed out and we rolled 4-2.  These moves now may seem easy - but there are better and worse ways of moving these checkers home and bearing off.  We therefore have the choice of letting me simply next the moves, or looking at each one for at least a few hours and seeing if any are worthy of further thought.

For now, I will post this as a vote [and I am away for the weekend - so wont be able to progress this until Sunday], but will review responses about the rest of the game.

Summary - forum, blue, to move 4-2 zLaDAWDbtkEiAA:cAmxACAAGAAA
Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Spoiler

At this point, the only bad thing that can happen in the next few moves is for us to leave the checker on the 16 and then roll consecutive 44s or 22s. So, lets free that checker.  16/10.  Yes, this still leaves a checker stuck on the 13 should we roll 11, but we can afford a bunch of consecutive 11 without doing any damage to our position.

[close]

lewscannon

Spoiler
I'm glad I came back here in time to roll the 5-5. I leave you guys on your own for a few days and I come back to a mess. Anyway, 2 things left to do now. One is to clear that 16, so that the 4-4 doesn't kill us. On a side note, in Fibs, isn't it amazing how many times you roll exactly the one roll that forces you to open up? Second thing to do is to set up our bearoff to minimize jokers. First things first: 16-10.
[close]

stog

i'll gladly switch my vote to make this a take (no remove vote button tho)

diane

Quote from: stog on October 09, 2009, 08:48:52 PM
i'll gladly switch my vote to make this a take (no remove vote button tho)

Ooops, forgot those settings.  As I mentioned, I am at my mothers until Sunday now, so can't progress this until then.  If someone wants to make a few more moves, I can add them into the complete match file when I get back.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

thx diane
me away too, fancy it mr clem?

ah_clem