News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2012 cheers!
..thx Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, aviator, r_monk ,captainmubbers,Tom roygbiv*, anonymous and yyy

Main Menu

Game 5, move 16 : roadkillbooks 6-6

Started by diane, October 13, 2009, 05:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

I have posted this to get us started, but messaged rkb in the hope we can play this out real time through fibs.  Hopefully the end of this game is in sight  ;)

rkb, white, to play 6-6, can he make it folks  ;)

b/cGAADMtoMBYA:MAG7ACAAGAAA
Never give up on the things that make you smile

dorbel

Does this position really need players? Surely just rolling the dice is sufficient?

roadkillbooks

diane

Quote from: dorbel on October 13, 2009, 05:53:20 PM
Does this position really need players? Surely just rolling the dice is sufficient?

There are marginally better and worse ways to play this endgame, some of which will save the gammon, and some wont [although the majority will be the dice].  I dont want to make a move that rkb isnt happy with, particularly if it ends up costing him the match.

As I stated originally, I am hoping to play this out entirely in a quick chat on fibs way.  The forums moves are pretty much greedy bearoffs, and I am happy to play those moves.

For example..the move played by rkb is the one I would have chosen - but when I double checked before playing it - it is not the best move as selected by gnu.  

However, if rkb wants to hand over to me and let me handle his bear in and crucial gammon save attempt...well, then he can just say the word  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

dorbel