News:

welcome to Fibsboard! your global moderators are stog (and mrs stog) socksey sixty diane zorba and a wonderful group of individual board moderators ......thx to ALL

Main Menu

Newbie question

Started by FranTastic, October 19, 2009, 08:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FranTastic

Hello everyone, I have a question.  I purchased this application for my iPhone and can not figure out how to get information from the rebot?
I wanted to go in and see who complained about me to try and clear up the misunderstanding.  Someone suggested that I go into Rebot and type 'tel' or 'help'

So, I went to players, Bots, RepBotNG, Chat, then typed tell.
Nothing happened which leads me to believe I am in the wrong place?

Can someone tell me where to go (be nice ;) )

FranTastic

I asked this same question in the chat room and it sounds like I can not get any information becuase I am on an iPhone.

I also found out that a lot of people hate iPhones, who knew?

diane

Having never used the iPhone application, I cant really help much - except to say we dont hate iPhones, or the people behind them as such...we just find that a lot of mobile phone users are droppers, which isnt nice.  I personally will not ever play an odesys mobile player - but I do play iPhone users - as a lot of those are on WiFi, and the gameplay is every bit as good as playing someone on a computer.

With regard to your question..can you send and recieve tells from players - if so then you should be able to talk to repbot.  If not, then no - you will need to use a computer and a good interface - such as javafibs.

Your query about your rep and complaint can be answered...

RepBotNG says: FranTastic complainers: [mostro] vouchers: [] complaints: [] vouches: []
You tell RepBotNG: a FranTastic
RepBotNG says: FranTastic's reputation is -2088(BAD)

So, mostro has complained and no one has vouched - hence your slightly bad rep.  If you can pick up a vouch, or resume your match with mostro and encourage him to remove the complaint, you can rebuild your rep.

Overall, try not to start matches if you arent absolutely sure you can finish them - ie if you might lose reception, or get a phone call.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Try this syntax:

tell repbot ask ah_clem

or

tell repbot list ah_clem

or

tell repbot vouch ah_clem

or

tell repbot complain diane

HTH HAND.

FranTastic

Thank you Diane,

The strange thing is that I did finish my match with Mostro. 
I think at one point I dropped off, but then came right back on and we finished.  Maybe at that moment he thought I left a failing game and complained. 

I tried the syntax you suggested and nothing happens.  I type into the chat area of RepBotNG and hit send, my text just disappears and nothing...

THanks for the suggestions.  I will download everything to my home computer and play from there.

diane

ah_clem

Quote from: FranTastic on October 19, 2009, 10:44:36 PM

I tried the syntax you suggested and nothing happens.  I type into the chat area of RepBotNG and hit send, my text just disappears and nothing...

If you're already in the chat window for repbot, try leaving off the 'tell repbot' part.

enoix

Oh my,
I'm developing the application and found the problem after having seen your question here. The app intercepts RepBot communication to show reputation info automatically when you're inviting/invited. Thus the chat's behavior to let messages from and to RepBot disappear. That's rubbish and a bug, I'll change that in the upcoming version (that will be submitted to the AppStore maybe even today or tomorrow). In the meantime you can set "Expert mode" in the Settings. That'll replace the help section with a terminal you can use to communicate to FIBS directly. Use the proposed syntax there.

Sorry for the inconveniences

ah_clem

Quote from: diane on October 19, 2009, 10:46:32 PM
:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

What did I do????   :laugh: :laugh:

Don't give me that innocent look.  We know you've been using the "oin" command.

diane

Quote from: ah_clem on October 20, 2009, 07:05:45 PMWe know you've been using the "oin" command.

Will you stop publicising this command - I only told you cos I thought you would keep it hush hush  ;)

adrian

Someone please enlighten me, what oin means anyway?
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

diane

Quote from: adrian on October 21, 2009, 06:09:21 PMSomeone please enlighten me, what oin means anyway?

Nothing to see here, keep moving.  ;)   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And definitely dont look here...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Oin

ah_clem

Quote from: adrian on October 21, 2009, 06:09:21 PM
Someone please enlighten me, what oin means anyway?

oin?

Never heard of it.  Why do you ask?

inim

Quote from: enoix on October 20, 2009, 05:08:23 PM
Oh my,
I'm developing the application and found the problem after having seen your question here. The app intercepts RepBot communication to show reputation info automatically when you're inviting/invited. Thus the chat's behavior to let messages from and to RepBot disappear. That's rubbish and a bug, I'll change that in the upcoming version (that will be submitted to the AppStore maybe even today or tomorrow). In the meantime you can set "Expert mode" in the Settings. That'll replace the help section with a terminal you can use to communicate to FIBS directly. Use the proposed syntax there.

Sorry for the inconveniences

If your application interacts with Repbot (which I maintain and host) I would like to have a contact address. Would you please send me a personal message (fibs id: inim) with an appropriate email. The main reason is that I do not guarantee the syntax of RepBot output currently. I want to avoid a situation where hardcoded assumptions and/or bugs in 3rd party applications leave me in situations where my ability to maintain RepBot is diminished.

Otherwise I welcome Repbot integration into client programs, all I want to have is a good contact to the respective authors so changes can be announced in time.

This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rĂ¥ and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.

adrian

Quote from: ah_clem on October 20, 2009, 07:05:45 PM
Don't give me that innocent look.  We know you've been using the "oin" command.

This is why I asked dear Ah_whatever. I also did a google search for the oin word and the first page returned contained nothing relevant. Bear in your mind that I am not a native english speaker and most of the english language subtilty is beyond my understanding.

Finally: Thank you Diane !
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

diane

Quote from: adrian on October 22, 2009, 06:08:30 PMBear in your mind that I am not a native english speaker and most of the english language subtilty is beyond my understanding.

Thing is, this is a very regional word, and a lot of native English speakers dont know it either.  You have to come from Lancashire or thereabouts  ;)  That is why I am keeping it secret  :laugh: :laugh:

diane

Who broke the command...

Quote-> join brningwyre
** Unknown command: 'oin'

:blink: :blink:

:laugh: :laugh: