News:

(**folks need to register to be able to see Fibsboard Forum Match diagrams and vote.** )

Main Menu

Posting Team League results

Started by stiefnu, October 26, 2009, 06:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiefnu

When posting a TL loss, the loser is required to enter the final match score.  As the matches are to 5 points, I have assumed that the winner's score would be 5 maximum.  However, I have noticed some matches shown with scores of, for example, 10-2.  What is the correct procedure please?

stog

truth

and if it only allows for single digit entry -- try 9!

stiefnu

Well, the truth is that the winner of a 5-pt match is the one who first gets to score 5.  Any further points gained, from a post-Crawford doubled gammon or backgammon, may be very satisfying but are they relevant?
:dontknow:

stog

no but actual match scores are interesting ---in a cricket sense! 3-64 suggests they were throwing the cube around with abandon and sadistic pleasure; further there may be a player who has lost only 1 game  in the whole session and is   understandably pleased withthemself and wanting for others to know..

wtf --but my typing is getting better :)

and these posts are loading swifter, or is it because mrs stog is away and ive got the bandwidth to myself
and the grog ;)

stog

further mr wacky tom has produced a fine site to enjoy the team league -- i have just looked at the matches of a team and the scores really illuminate the play! thx tomawacky

take a look yourself and you will see the match scores -- 5-0 then 0-5 wacking and being wacked--

i even spotted you in the list stiefnu

oh was one of your wins by more than 5?

i seee ;)

yes i think it is incumbant on the loser to post the defeat with the match score - it is their penance for the loss (the winner need think about nothing!

much :)

Tomawaky

Score do not really matter in this Team League, but has I added this feature I use it.
It could be interesting to keep in mind the score. And yes in a 5 Pts Match, the point above are not necessary but I think that the real score has to be posted
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."