News:

Biggest free backgammon community - members from over 150 countries. Play backgammon for free on Fibs.com and enjoy the community on fibsboard

Main Menu

Universal %playername% field?

Started by pharley, November 17, 2009, 09:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pharley

G'day,

Could someone adjust this syntax with the view to the file %playername% being the current in match player :

t repbotng vouch %playername%

Currently returns %playername% unknown, is ther a universal identifier for the Player Name field ?

Much Appreciated.

diane

My recollection is that it is %Playername

Anything different to that will not work. The capital P being critical.  I dont recalll a second % at the end of the field.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tom

It would kind of have to do with what Client you are using, wouldn't it?

Tom

stog

please tom can you correct your spam filter or email address i'm getting your mail/ pm's/ notifications bouncing to me grrrr

diane

Quote from: Tom on November 20, 2009, 08:17:28 PM
It would kind of have to do with what Client you are using, wouldn't it?

Tom

I dont think so..%Playername is a fibs field - and it has to be sent by whichever client you are using in that format for Fibs to understand it.

Oh...but this was for repbot - which doesn't have a universal identifier - for repbotng - you need to use the actual playername...so t repbotng vouch diane...for example  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tom

Quote from: pharley on November 17, 2009, 09:57:35 AM
Currently returns %playername% unknown, is ther a universal identifier for the Player Name field ?

No There is not.

In JavaFIBS you can define programmable buttons using these variables:

The tags and their functionality are you can use in the commands are:
%Player - This tag will be substitited by the currently selected person in the Players table when the command is sent to FIBS.
%Friend - This tag will be substituted by the currently selected person in the Friends table when the command is sent to FIBS.
%Villain - This tag will be substituted by the currently selected person in the Villains table when the command is sent to FIBS.
%Opponent - This tag will be substituted by your last played opponent in this session when the command is sent to FIBS.
%Inviter - This tag will be substituted by the selected inviter in the Invitation table when the command is sent to FIBS.

There may be other clients that have this feature too, I do not know.

tom