News:

**VIP donor members can set up a profile gallery, only viewable by those on their buddy list ****

Main Menu

Problems with chatting

Started by samsami, November 18, 2009, 09:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samsami

When I chat I obviously use Kibitz (bottom left) and that usually works fine.

But when some (not all) opponents talk to me, a wiindow pops up (right over the board, of course) with their message. Why is that?

Samsami

diane

Because you are using 3Dfibs.  it is the single main reason that I stopped using that software.

It is the way the software works....It introduces new kibitzes by opening a new chat window over the top of whatever you are doing, regardless of how important it is.  If you are running a tourney, or playing a move, or playing a move in an important league or tourney match - whoosh...a big text box in your way - arghh!!

May I highly recommend javafibs  ;)

Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

I agree with diane that Javafibs is best, but on the other hand, a chat box popping up in front of you can keep you from perhaps not seeing an important chat (which has happened to my while acting as a Tournament Director).   ;)  For other reasons, I do not use 3Dfibs for directing tournaments.   :unhappy:

What I found helpful while using 3Dfibs was to move the box over so that it does not block your board when it pops up, thereby allowing you to see, but ignore, if you want, the chat box that pops up again and again.   :)

socksey

Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk. - Lithograph from Despair.com

samsami

There is no room to move the box over  ;)
However I still love 3DFiBs a lot, especially the way you can find saved games.

Samsami

socksey

Quote from: samsami on November 18, 2009, 07:29:33 PM
There is no room to move the box over  ;)

Do you have a teeny tiny monitor?  I don't understand.   :dry:

socksey

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?" - Lithograph from Despair.com

samsami

No not tiny  :)
But 3dFIBS fills so much of the screen that the chat box covers part of it.

socksey

Quote from: samsami on November 20, 2009, 07:43:50 AM
No not tiny  :)
But 3dFIBS fills so much of the screen that the chat box covers part of it.

You can move the chat box over so that just the edge of the chat box is on the board.   :yes:

socksey

Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up. - Lithograph from Despair.com

samsami

Thanks! I am using the original small board now and that helps a lot!

Would be nice if all the nice boards had small versions, though!

samsami

adrian

Most windows are resizeable, and the chat window in 3dfibs is one of them.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.