News:

enjoy the front page random images , random like dice on fibs! ethereal not material, and try and name them ..

Main Menu

tbot website integration

Started by tryout, April 10, 2004, 03:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tryout

QuoteThose look great, except for one thing: they lack the player names.
I would love to have table cell background images just like that, with cell strings of the player names,
but I don't think you can do it with legal HTML? If there is a way, please tell me, as I am palying around with the bracket tab on the TB GUI just now.
Thanks, and for that the player names are not repeated every other match -- that's actually an important point and intended. You have the player names in front of the lines once for every name. In the examples I simply chose numbers in order to illustrate the seeding of an ordered list.

Your attempts at including the player names for every match look good. But the resulting HTML table is quite a bit cluttered and it will likely be very difficult to incorporate that into the algorithm and thus not be worth the effort. And you'd get even more problems if the text representation of a player's name is wider than the picture with the horizontal line, it wouldn't align anymore.

For the above mentioned purpose it should be enough to show the bracket without any state information like match results. This information is easily available through tbot for every round. But as the next step this could also be integrated, however I prefer to put e.g. stop signs on those lines where a particular player lost the match and is thus out of the tournament.
GammonLeague -- Join free Backgammon tournaments
[size=8] [/size]
FIBS TEAM League -- Play Backgammon with friends in a team

webrunner

Some new options are about to unfold here since i am in the process of installing and testing the new server (for wich i need donations BTW !).:eureka:

TB will be on the same server as fibsboard and of course.. TB is already logged in so could provide Fibsboard with some information. It already asks repbot for reputation, that information could be stored in the fibsboard user profile table.
It can also do an whois on the player and store the rating.

Now that would be cool!! :jump:

On the other hand we can integrate TBG more with fibsboard by showing the brackets and f.i. storing tourney wins. We could even make a tourney ranking. Because both will be on the same server it is easier to accomplish then now with TB on a different server then FB.

Could we bring some new life in this topic?
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

burper

I've been playing with algorithms for displaying bracket tourneys nicely in a table. I am focused mostly on java JTable and the TB GUI, but it would work equally well for HTML.

Now I think what TB needs is a way to get information out of it locally. Off the top of my head, it should be pretty easy to have it open up a server socket port that accepts the same input as it gets from fibs and have it respond the same way. I.e. if a local script/program opens a client sockset connections and sends "Script says: matches all tourney 659", it would return "tell Script etc..."

Or perhaps it would be easier to have a script just read directly from the DB and leave TB unchanged.