News:

"Fibsboard allows for more considered reading and response, whereas Fibs shout is a more intuitive interaction"

Main Menu

fibsboarders Security and email address visibility

Started by stog, December 06, 2009, 04:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

will anyone not wanting their email address to be seen, please check the tickbox for "keep email address private" in their profile

thx

stog

I  have spent the whole afternoon adding some new security features to the Forum; they may slow it down a little, but i think it important at this time, as many forums are at present under attack by bots and the like; attempting to harvest names and emails and crack/guess passwords if they can..

you can help =

1/ensure your email address is up to date and that you have "keep email private" checked
2/ensure your password is sufficiently strong and not the same as any vital logins you use;
3/if you use facebook, ensure that the password you use is unique

if necessary let me know of any problems you have asap

guests are now monitored even more than usual and can access only bare minimum/ no posting etc

Be sure to Register to enjoy this Forum at its fullest

thx and enjoy

socksey

There's a bug moving around on the lower part of your post that I tried to squish twice before I noticed it was inside the post!   :laugh:  Very funny.   ::)

socksey

What a lovely surprise to discover how unlonely being alone can be. - Ellen Burnstyn

diane

:laugh: Way to introduce paranoia here..everything here comes 'with bugs'...yesterday I put on my work boots, walked a few steps and realised my toes were not alone...I unlaced and threw off the boot..and a very disgruntled field cricket jumped out!!!

I know it could have been worse...and I will make more of an effort to check..but here, when I see a bug crawling round my screen, I do not automatically think 'cute avatar'!!!  :blink: :blink:
Never give up on the things that make you smile