News:

Please consider re-bookmarking your link to Fibsboard's Home page for a complete experience http://www.fibsboard.com

Main Menu

Game 2 Move 8 Schigolch to play 5-2

Started by ah_clem, December 08, 2009, 06:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ah_clem

roadkillbooks

Schigolch

Schigolch

can someone tell me how to use this spoiler. and why do you use it?

stog

select the text to be spoiled and click the radioactive symbol...

useful for those of us on forum who are still to vote and don't want to be influenced by other's comments..
Spoiler

ie make your vote then click roadkillbooks' spoilered comment!!

congrats on evolving into a 1900 rated being again btw !
[close]

ah_clem

Quote from: Schigolch on December 08, 2009, 11:02:15 PM
can someone tell me how to use this spoiler. and why do you use it?

The point of the spoiler tag is to allow participants to view the position without inadverdently seeing what others have said previously.  This allows each of us to "do our own thinking" about the position.  My take is that it's not really all that necessary; all you have to do is avoid scrolling down the page, but others on the forum wanted us to do it this way so that's what we do. 

When offering an analysis or a vote, use the spoiler tag.  The box has not used the spoiler tag for his moves so far  and I don't see any reason to start.

I always try to figure out the move myself without any help and then post my reasoning.  Then I read what others have said and will change my vote if I'm swayed by their argument.  I think this is the best way to use this little exercise, and so far it's been working - my FIBS rating is up almost 200 points since I started participating about a year ago.  Thanks to all for the free lessons.