News:

we need 2 or 3 small donations a month, and an ad or 2 each month, consistently over the year, to keep the board going.....http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Game 1 move 2 Blitzxz to play 4-4

Started by ah_clem, December 31, 2009, 01:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ah_clem

4-4?

blitzxz

So the forum went for highly risky slotting and now it immediately backfires. I personally wouldn't have done it, because it gives lots of dangerous double hits and even more single hits.

I would like to play here 13/5*(2), but that gives chance to cover the blot and prime me and is clearly wrong. Then there is hit them all move, but hitting 3rd checker in most cases doesn't give much of an extra advantage compared to two. Here covering the one point would be more difficult and wouldn't help my priming effort. So I choose solid 24/20*(2) 13/5* and start thinking about doubling already.

Happy New Year to everyone! I would also recommend great movie for tomorrow, Chaplin's The Gold Rush. There's great New Year's scene. Should auld acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot and days of auld lang syne? :)

dorbel

4-4 was a great roll for blitz whichever way we played. Note too that our play gave blitz some difficulty in how to play, although I think he has probably got this right. However, IMO, we would have been worse off if we had played bar/20, 24/23 or 11/10! At least he hasn't made his 5pt and a four point prime.