News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

FibsboardForumMatch 4 game 3 move 9

Started by stog, January 27, 2010, 10:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

Forum to move 61
let me know of any illegal options or if u need another option adding

vegasvic

Spoiler
I dont know i still think forum has to buy time and i would play the 13/6 that is not on your list .
i would not mind getting hit here on the 8 and i think blitzz would not hit even if he could. so my vote would be 13/6 not on the poll
[close]

NIHILIST

Spoiler
I would just quietly make the 2 point. Opponent is getting pretty stripped and if he leaves a shot on the next roll, having an additional point in our board can only help us.

There have been a couple of references made to our position as a BACKGAME.

This is NOT a backgame, it is a holding game and a very poor one. Holding the 1-5 is about the same as holding opponents 1 point but more gammonish cuz of more checkers stuck in his board.

This is not a position where we want to carelessly leave blots thinking that having them hit improves our timing. Adjust your thinking to playing the position as if we held only his 1 point.
[close]

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

vegasvic

Spoiler
i am still playing 13/6
holding game back game it does not change my thinking .
[close]

NIHILIST

Attaboy, Vic, don't let common sense effect your thinking at all.

:laugh:

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

stog

stog

blitzxz

dorbel

As the only person who voted 13/6, I obviously thought that it was the best play, but snowie 3-ply evaluation thinks that they (13/6 and 8/2) are more or less equal. A rollout suggests that 13/6 may be very slightly better, but not by much. Basically, 13/6, played to keep all the builders aimed at the still empty 5pt, wins more often but loses more gammons and those factors just about cancel each other out. Incidentally, it was correct to make the 5pt with our 2-1 when we played 6/4*/3.

NIHILIST

Jesus, does this mean I have to apologize to Vic ?

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

vegasvic

I just like to ask , who lost the match in the live tourney Mr. Niho :))

buhwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa , i know you have it in your bob say it

i love the way the fibs resident fibs pedant  "Polonius dorbel " takes credit .

NIHILIST

It's pretty clear you knew the best play before dorbel did.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler