News:

controversial "other online games" Board introduced --GO, Poker, Scrabble and gosh even Chess.....let me know :)

Main Menu

Mini-Matches

Started by Kari_Grandi, April 17, 2004, 05:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 20 Nov 04, Tourneybot Tourney #1101, 17 players:

1.  snowflakes  14
2.  Mort  10
3.  macky, DirtyHarryll, socksey  4 each
6.  BearB, insomnia, jonnyray  2 each

Collective totals for November:

snowflakes 16
Superfly_Jon, Party_girl, socksey, 12 each
Mort 10
ibt  8
DirtyHarryll  6
pantar, rinit, teyakis, macky,  4 each
aslengyel, tansley, Backwoods, Clocker, BearB, insomnia, jonnyray,  2 each

Thanks to all the players who participated in the tourney!  Good luck to all of you for next week!  Looks to be a good battle!   :P

"Mini-Matches", every Saturday, registration at 1500 UTC. Play begins at 1520 UTC.

socksey

"Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and car-keys to teen-age boys." - P.J. O'Rourke

diane

Quote1.  snowflakes  14
That t shirt is almost in the bag and crossing the atlantic  :D  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

"Almost" is only good in horseshoes and hand grenades.  heheheheee  He'll never get it!  His exceptional luck will never hold that long, will it?   :lol:

socksey

She was a phantom of delight
When first she gleamed upon my sight;
A lovely Apparition sent
To be a moment's ornament;
Her eyes as stars of Twilight fair;
Like Twilight's, too, her dusky hair;
But all things else about her drawn
From May-time and the cheerful Dawn;
A dancing Shape, and Image gay,
To haunt, to startle, and way-lay. - William Wordsworth

diane

Results for Mini Matches Nov 27, tourneybot tourney #1108, 13 players:

1- funny - 12 points
2- Backwoods - 8 points
3- stog - 4 points
4- BearB, sunray, breadfruit, diane - 2 points

making the final totals for the month:

snowflakes - 16
Superfly_Jon, Party_girl, socksey, funny - 12
Backwoods, Mort - 10
ibt - 8
DirtyHarryll - 6
pantar, rinit, teyakis, macky, BearB, stog - 4 each
aslengyel, tansley, Clocker, insomnia, jonnyray, breadfruit, diane, sunray - 2 each

So - well done snowflakes - a t shirt is yours for the asking  ;)  just let me know where to send it !

Join us next week when the fun begins again - and see if you can be next months winner - registration at 1500 UTC and start at 1520.  

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 4 Dec 04, tournament manually bracketed, tourneybot down and tbot among the missing, 12 players:

1.  boardking  12 pts
2.  sunray   8 pts
3.  stog  4 pts
4.  DirtyHarryII, lene, Niholympic  2 each

Other players today, leveler, McAtyre, pringler, Proton, tansley, and juggler

Thanks to all the players who participated in the tourney! Good luck to all of you for next week!

New month, new chance to win that Fibs t-shirt offered by alef and diane, and we thank them for the prize.

"Mini-Matches", every Saturday, registration at 1500 UTC. Play begins at 1520 UTC.

socksey

I wept not, so to stone within I grew - unknown

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 11 Dec 04, 16 players, tourneybot 1124:

1.  sunray  12
2.  insomnia  8
3.  Slipshod, leveler  4 each
5.  nailer, ozgit  2 each

Other players today:  spartiati, socksey, Tomawaky, Beach_Bum, Kari_Grandi, Cheetah, daverave, aslengyel, PeterGammons, JimCracker

Collective totals for December:

1.  sunray 20 pts
2.  boardking 12 pts
3.  insomnia  8 pts
4.  stog, Slipshod, leveler  4 pts each
5.  DirtyHarryII, lene, Niholympic, nailer, ozgit  2 each

Thanks to all the players who participated in the tourney! Good luck to all for next week!

Diane has resigned from Mini-Matches and has been replaced by gogogiz.  Thanks to diane for what she has done here, and welcome to gogogiz!   :)

In one week, the time will change for "Mini-Matches" to an hour later to go along with daylight savings time.  "Mini-Matches", next Saturday, registration at 1500 UTC. Play begins at 1520 UTC.  I find this clock more accurate than Fibs:  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/full.html and this is the one I use.   ;)

socksey

"The point of power is in the present moment, because in this moment, we have the opportunity to make positive changes in our lives" --LOUISE HAY

diane

:LOOOL:

If it is going to be an hour later - surely you mean it will be registration at 1600 UTC, with play starting at 1620 - best check that clock you use  ;)

socksey

Sorry, I was unclear about the time change going into effect.  We will play at same time next Saturday, 18 Dec 04, 1500 for registration and 1520 for play, as advertised.  The following Saturday, 25 Dec 04, Xmas Day, Mini's will open for registration at 1600, and 1620 for play.

socksey

One way that we can exhibit love for others is to care about them enough to try to imagine what they are feeling - to care about them enough to try to walk in their shoes. The better we understand another persons situation, the more capable we will be to help them, if they need help. - unknown

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 18 Dec 04, 12 players, tourneybot 1136:

!.  sunray  12 pts
2.  tissot  8 pts
3.  tomkinson  4 pts
4.  Dina, houtx  2 pts each

Other players today:  ozgit, DirtyHarryII, stog, jonnyray, NiHolympic, insomnia, LisaS.

1. sunray 32 pts
2. boardking 12 pts
3. insomnia, tissot  8 pts each
4. stog, Slipshod, leveler, tomkinson  4 pts each
5. DirtyHarryII, lene, Niholympic, nailer, ozgit, Dina, houtx  2 each

Thanks to all the players who participated in the tourney! Good luck to all for next week!

Remember, Mini-Matches will begin at new time next Saturday which also happens to be Xmas day.  Registration will be at 1600, play begins at 1620.  I find this clock more accurate than Fibs: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/full.html and this is the one I will use.  Hope to see you all there!   :lol:  

socksey

"Santa Claus has the right idea - - visit people only once a year." - Victor Borge

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 25 Dec 04, 12 players, tourneybot 1144:

1.  josselyn  12
2.  Kari_Grandi  8
3.  DirtyHarryII, socksey, Ramses, sunray  2 each

B)  Other players today:  cloudwise, tryout, lene, resh_lakish, cammo, and gogogiz.

1.  sunray 34 pts
2.  boardking 12 pts
3.  insomnia, tissot, Kari_Grandi  8 pts
4.  stog, Slipshod, leveler, tomkinson, DirtyHarryII  4 pts each
5.  lene, Niholympic, nailer, ozgit, Dina, houtx, socksey, Ramses  2 each

Congratulations to sunray who is December winner!   :cool:  

Thanks to all the players who make Mini-Matches a fun event!   :wub:

"Mini-Matches", every Saturday, registration at 1600 UTC. Play begins at 1620 UTC.

New month starts next Saturday, 1 Jan 05 and Happy New Year everyone!

socksey

Life is like a camel you can make it do anything except back up.
- anonymous

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 1 Jan 05, 8 players, tourneybot 1164:

1.  Slipshod  12
2.  socksey  8
3.  sunray, hypnosa  2 each

Other players:  Azzuro, donaemon, Beach_Bum, alcasell.  Thanks for playing!   :)

Congratulations to our winner today, Slipshod!   :yes:

"Mini-Matches", every Saturday, registration at 1600 UTC. Play begins at 1620 UTC.

socksey

"I don't feel old. In fact I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's
time for my nap." - Bob Hope

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 8 Jan 05, 11 players, tourneybot #1183:

1.  Kari_Grandi  12
2.  socksey 8
3.  Tourney_Boy  4
4.  Trader  2

Other players:  pringler, thirtysumpin, Slb, JackPot_Johnny, sunray, samirah, and Backwoods.  Thanks very much to all of you for playing.   ;)

Congratulations to our winner today, Kari_Grandi!

Collective totals for January:

1.  socksey  16
2.  Slipshod, Kari_Grandi   12 each
4.  Tourney_Boy  4
5.  sunray, hypnosa, Trader  2 each

Whoooooooo hoooooooo!  Congrats to ME for being in the lead for a few moments, at least!   :cool:

socksey

"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew it." ââ,¬â€œ William Shakespeare

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 15 Jan 05, 17 players, tourneybot #1194:

1.  sunray 14
2.  Backwoods  10
3.  cammo, Kari_Grandi  4 each
5.  tansley, adamosad, voodoo_roller, ozgit, amarganth  2 each

other players:  Jarrox, Shades, Mimphis, Noah, pringler, vqs, Muija, and socksey .  Thanks to all the players for participating!   :wub:

Congratulations to our winner today, sunray!   :D

Collective points for January:

1.  socksey, Kari_Grandi, sunray 16
2.  Slipshod 12
3.  Backwoods  10
4.  Tourney_Boy, cammo  4 each

5.  hypnosa, Trader, tansley, adamosad, voodoo_roller, ozgit, amarganth  2 each

socksey   :rolleyes:

"I once heard two ladies going on and on about the pains of childbirth and how men don't seem to know what real pain is. I asked if either of them ever got themselves caught in a zipper." - Emo Philips  :o  

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 22 Jan 05,  26 players, tourneybot #1208:

1.   voodoo_roller  14
2.   Noah  10
3.   amarganth, dfisher,  6 each
5.   socksey, Backwoods,  4 each
7.   alphaomega, Jarrux, MichaelB, DirtyHarryII, ROMA_L,  2 each

Other players: hoof_Hearted, cammo, tomkinson, BZZR, wyzzz, blackcat, stog, ozgit, adamosad, sunray, and resh_lakish. Thanks to all the players for participating!  

1.   socksey  20
2.   Kari_Grandi, sunray, voodoo_roller  16
5.   Backwoods  14
6.   Slipshod 12
7.   Noah 10
8.   amarganth  8
9.   dfisher  6
10. Tourney_Boy, cammo 4 each
12. hypnosa, Trader, tansley, adamosad, ozgit, alphaomega, Jarrux, MichaelB, DirtyHarryII, ROMA_L,  2 each

Only one more Saturday to play for this month.  Good luck to all!   :D

socksey

"Things could always be worse; for instance, you could be ugly and
work in the Post Office." - Adrienne E. Gusoff

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 29 Jan 05, 13 players, tourneybot #1222:

1. socksey  12
2.  resh_lakish  8
3.  tansley, bergkamp, tomkinson, Ldog, and Noah,  2 each

Other players: CokeBear, sunray, mouser (a no show), JamesEnsor, Mort, and adamosad.   Thanks to all the players for participating!   ;)  

1. socksey  32
2. Kari_Grandi, sunray, and voodoo_roller, 16  each
5. Backwoods  14
6. Slipshod, and Noah,  12 each
8. amarganth, and resh_lakish,  8  
10. dfisher 6
11. Tourney_Boy, cammo, and tansley,  4 each
14. hypnosa, Trader, adamosad, ozgit, alphaomega, Jarrux, MichaelB, DirtyHarryII, ROMA_L, bergkamp, tomkinson, and Ldog, 2 each

Congratulations to ME, socksey, who is January winner!   :yes:

Good luck to all for February MiniMatches starting next Saturday!    :rolleyes:  

socksey

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that a lot of
people die of natural causes. - anonymous

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 5 Feb 05, 9 players, tourneybot #1229:

1. sunray  12
2. Glamdring  8
3. Tao, MacMom, Jarrus, 2 each

Other players: Mort, foursixtwo, TartanAXDave, and adamosad. Thanks to all the players for participating!  

Congratulations to today's winner, sunray and to second place winner, Glamdring!   ;)  

socksey

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 12 Feb 05, 14 players, tourneybot #1234:

1.  austin  12
2.  vegasvic  8
3.  cgustavs, Dina,  4 each
5.  adamosad, DonGam,  2 each

Other players:  tomkinson, sunray, Beach_Bum, TartanAXDave, amarganth, ivan_z, Fragel, and steveross.  Thanks to all the players for participating!   :)  

Congratulations to today's winner, austin and to second place winner, vegasvic!   :cool:

Collective points for February:

1.  sunray, austin,   12  each
2.  Glamdring, vegasvic,   8 each
3.  cgustavs, Dina,  4 each
5.  Tao, MacMom, Jarrus, adamosad, DonGam,  2 each

Two more Saturdays for your chance to win February Mini-Matches Championship.  Good luck to all!   ;)

socksey

"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence.  Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do." - Samuel P. Huntington

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 19 Feb 05, 23 players  :cool: , tourneybot #1244:

1.  samirah  14
2.  dickens  10
3.  DirtyHarryII  6
4.  Kari_Grandi, BearB,  4 each
6.  Beach_Bum, Backwoods, scardy, magic_one, puzzle_tOrico, Spock,  2 each

Other players:  cowgirl, sunray, austin, resh_lakish, fiftythree, jonesy, juanz, and, nutcracker.  Thanks to all the players for participating!   ;)

Congratulations to today's winner, samirah  :yes:  :yes: , and to second place winner, dickens!   :yes:  Only one more chance to win February Mini-Match Championship!  GL all!   :D

Collective points for February:

1.  samirah  14
2.  sunray, austin,  12 each
4.  dickens  10
5.  Glamdring, vegasvic,   8 each
7.  DirtyHarryII  6
8.  cgustavs, Dina, Kari_Grandi, BearB,  4 each
12.  Tao, MacMom, Jarrus, adamosad, DonGam, Beach_Bum, Backwoods, scardy, magic_one, puzzle_tOrico, Spock,  2 each

Thanks to gogogiz for hosting today!   :)  

socksey

"Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain

puzzle_tOrico

Hi there

Could you please tell me how the points are distributed in each mini-matches tourney?

I have seen some where it is: 12,8,4,4  ^_^
and other where it is: 14,10,8,6...  :o

So, I do not know how the prices are given  :P  :blink:

Anyhow, it is not too important. I just want to understand.

Take care  :bye:
Backgammon is a game of skill and luck. When I win, I am proud of my skill. When I lose I blame my bad luck.

Kari_Grandi

In each tourney, points will be rewarded like this (16 players bracket): Winner:12 points, second place finalist, 8 points, and other players will get 2 points for each win.

In 17-32 players bracket, Winner:  14 points, second place finalist 10 points, and other players will get 2 points for each win.

No 2 points award for forfeits.

Kari