News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2009 cheers! .....webrunner, stog, spielberg, dickbalaska, b8factor, jackdaddy, anonymouse, diane, dropper, zorba, papillon, fiftythree, ramses, adrian, FrankBerger, krakan and ah_clem

Main Menu

Mini-Matches

Started by Kari_Grandi, April 17, 2004, 05:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puzzle_tOrico

Backgammon is a game of skill and luck. When I win, I am proud of my skill. When I lose I blame my bad luck.

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 26 Feb 05, 12 players, tourney #1268:

1.  samirah  12
2.  amarganth  8
3.  adamosad  4
4.  Backwoods, Hester, socksey  2 each

Congratulations to today's winner, samirah , and to second place winner, amarganth!  ^_^

Collective points for February:

1. samirah  26   :wub:
2. sunray, austin,  12 each
4. dickens  10
5. Glamdring, vegasvic, amarganth,  8 each
8. DirtyHarryII, adamosad,  6
9. cgustavs, Dina, Kari_Grandi, BearB, Backwoods,  4 each
15. Tao, MacMom, Jarrus, adamosad, DonGam, Beach_Bum, scardy, magic_one, puzzle_tOrico, Spock, Hester, socksey,  2 each

Huge congratulations to samirah as monthly winner!   :cool:

Thanks to all the participants today, and gl next Saturday which begins competition for March!  Mini-Matches Tournament every Saturday at 1500 for registration and 1520 to start playing!   :D

Thanks again to gogogiz for hosting today!    :yes:

socksey

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.'" - Theodore Roosevelt

adamosad

Hi Socksey, nice results... i want only to make a correction about my points:)

I have 6 points instead of 4 you wrote. 26 Feb: 4 points and 12 Feb 2 points:)

Thx u again for your great tourney :yes:  

socksey

You are correct, adam.  Sorry about that.  Correction made.   :P

socksey

"There is one thing I would break up over and that is if she caught me with another woman. I wouldn't stand for that." - Steve Martin  

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 5 Mar 05, 19 players, tourney #1280:

1. Paul_Williams  14
2. sunray  10
3. piters_again, and bergkamp  4 each
5. Patrixia, Trader, cowgirl, erdbeere, Feklhr, and Trader, 2 each

Other players:  socksey, DirtyHarryII, adamosad, tomkinson, codger, Noah, samirah, centurion, and GordonH

Congratulations to today's winner, Paul_Williams, and to second place winner, sunray!  Thanks to all the players who participated!  :D

Thanks to gogogiz for hosting today!   :cool:  

Three more weeks to compete for monthly winner, so good luck to all!   ;)

socksey

Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end. - anonymous (Sounds like, "Confucius says".   :lol: )

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 12 Mar 05, 16 players, tourney #1293:

1. Glamdring  12
2. leveler  8
3. devodevo, sunray,  4 each
5. socksey, bergkamp, donzaemon, BearB,   2 each

Other players:  horror_t, TartanAXDave, EddieVedd, Mort, makalu, fiftythree, Tourney_Boy, and piter_b.   :o

Congratulations to today's winner, Glamdring, and to second place winner, leveler! Thanks to all the players who participated!   :yes:

Collective points for March:

1. Paul_Williams, sunray, 14 each
3.  Glamdring  12
4.  leveler  8
5.  bergkamp  6
6.  piters_again, devodevo, and  sunray,  4 each
9.  Patrixia, Trader, cowgirl, erdbeere, Feklhr, and Trader, socksey, donzaemon, and BearB,  2 each

Two more weeks to compete for monthly winner.  Good luck to all!   ;)  

socksey

"Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving in words evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 19 Mar 05, 21 players, tourney #1308:

1.  drick  14
2.  adamosad  10
3.  socksey, samirah, DirtyHarryII, and Zorba, 4 each
7.  cowgirl, bergkamp, chopos, jukeboxgraduate_ii, and adrian, 2 each  

Other players:  Glamdring, sunray, Patrixia, skyriders, horror_t, sherman, Katrianne, scardy, EddieVedd, and Tourney_Boy.

Congratulations to today's winner, drick, and to second place winner, adamosad! Thanks to all the players who participated!   :wub:  

1. Paul_Williams, and drick,  14
3. Glamdring  12
3. sunray, and adamosad,  10 each
5. leveler, and bergkamp,  8 each
7. socksey 6
8. piters_again, devodevo, sunray, samarih, DirtyHarryII, and Zorba,  4 each
14. Patrixia, Trader, cowgirl, erdbeere, Feklhr, and Trader, donzaemon, BearB, cowgirl, chopos, jukeboxgraduate_ii, and adrian,  2 each

You have one last chance to win March Championship!  Good luck all!   :lol:

Please inform me in private email if you find any errors here.  Thx!   ;)  

socksey

All that you see or seem, is but a dream within a dream. They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. - Edgar Allan Poe.

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 26 Mar 05, 17 players, tourney #1313:

1. inim,  14
2. sunray,  10
3. samirah,  6
5. gogogiz xoxox Katrianne nielsrock, and socksey,  2 each

Other players:  adamosad, adrian, Humor_me, bigbootay, BearB, mrbond, Deeper, Ral, and Tourney_Boy.

Congratulations to today's winner, inim!   :D  , to second place winner, sunray, and  thanks to all the players who participated!

1. sunray  24
2. Paul_Williams, drick, and inim, 14  each
5. Glamdring, 12
6. adamosad, and samirah, 10 each
8. leveler, socksey, and bergkamp, 8 each
11. piters_again, devodevo, DirtyHarryII, and Zorba, 4 each
15. Patrixia, Trader, cowgirl, erdbeere, Feklhr, and Trader, donzaemon, BearB, cowgirl, chopos, jukeboxgraduate_ii, and adrian, 2 each

Congratulations to sunray, who is the big winner for March.  Thx to adamosad for finding my errors and for preventing the play-off!   :D

Next Saturday may be confusing because daylight savings time begins differently for the USA and for Europe.  The tourney time will remain the same for 2 April, 1600 UTC.  

If you have a problem with the time, use the meeting planner here:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

Beginning 9 Apr 05, the new time for regular Mini-Matches will be at 1500 UTC.  C U there!   :cool:

socksey

"As knowledge increases, wonder deepens." - Charles Morgan

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 2 Apr 05, 21 players, Tourneybot #1327:

1.  Magic_D  14
2.  lav  10
3.  tansley, adamosad, Mort, Bergkamp,  4 each
7.  Glamdring, magowiz, socksey, Schigolch,  2 each

Other players:  magic_one, backwoods, Dina, ElGorrino, TartanAXDave, BearB, sunray, avik, wyzzz, Paul_William, and adrian.  Thx y'all! ;)   :wub:

Congratulations to today's winner, Magic_D, who wins a Maven Certificate!   :yes:   Also, congratulations to second place winner, lav, and thanks to all the players who participated!   ;)

Carolina_Blue has kindly offered a "Backgammon Maven Certificate" to weekly winners of "The Mini-Matches Tournament" when we have a minimum of 16 players!   :cool:

Beginning 9 Apr 05, next week, the new time for regular Mini-Matches will be at 1500 UTC. C U there!  See time here:  

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

This is a long month, so you still have 4 more Saturdays to win the monthly championship.  Good luck!   :rolleyes:

Just remember if your life is filled with regrets, then you have no room for your dreams, and dreams are what life is all about! - unknown

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 9 Apr 05, 16 players, Tourneybot #1337:

1. bergkamp  12
2. adamosad  8
3. jussi   4
7. samirah, erdbeere, jednorozec, sunray, and wyzzz, 2 each

Other players: Paul_Williams, vegasvic (dropped), amarganth, socksey, hrf, sticks, fiftythree, and austin.  Thx y'all!   

Congratulations to today's winner, bergkamp, who wins a Maven Certificate courtesy of Carolina_Blue  Thank you CB!   :) 

Also, congratulations to second place winner, adamosad, and thanks to all the players who participated!   :cool:

Collective monthly points for April:

1.  bergkamp  16
2.  Magic_D  14
3.  adamosad  12
4.  lav  10
5.  Mort, and tansley, 4 each
7.  Glamdring, magowiz, socksey, Schigolch, jussi, samirah, erdbeere, jednorozec, sunray, and wyzzz, 2 each

Good luck to all of you!   ;)

socksey

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws." - Douglas Adams

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 16 Apr 05, 26 players, Tourneybot #1343:

1.  verystripeyzebra  14
2.  arira  10
3.  Feklhr  6
5.  inim, Luxor, and Kari_Grandi,  4 each
8.  tansley, kipros, sunray, technophobe, tyke, Dina, adrian, and texan,  2 each

Other players:  wyzzz, LMH, chopos, Buso, adamosad, amarganth, socksey, hrf, bergkamp, breadfruit, uamiah, and magic_one.  Thx to all who particpated!  

Congratulations to todays winner, verystripeyzebra,  :yes:  who wins a Maven Certificate courtesy of Carolina_Blue!  Thx, CB!   ^_^   Also, congratulations to our second place winner, arira!   :cool:  

1.  bergkamp  16
2.  Magic_D, and verystripeyzebra,  14 each
4.  adamosad  12
5.  lav, and arira,  10 each
7.  tansley, and Feklhr,  6 each
9.  Mort, jussi, inim, Luxor, Kari_Grandi, sunray,  4 each
15.  Glamdring, magowiz, socksey, Schigolah, samirah, erdbeere, jednorozec, wyzzz, kipros, technopobe, tyke, Dina, adrian, and texan,  2 each

Good luck to all next week!    ;)

socksey

"Cockroaches and socialites are the only things that can stay up all night and eat anything." - Herb Caen

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 23 Apr 05, 18 players, Tourneybot #1348:

1. sunray 14
2. Feklhr 10
3. DiggityDank, Ignaz, and wyzzz,  4 each
6.  salange, Glandring, and bergkamp  2 each

Other players:  gogogiz, Schigolch, Humor_me, socksey, samirah, tyke, austin, breadfruit, boomslang, and inim.  Thx to all who particpated!   :yes:  

Congratulations to todays winner, sunray!  Sunray will receive a Maven Certificate courtesy of Carolyna_Blue.  Thx, CB!   :D

Also, congratulations to our second place winner today, Feklhr!   :wub:

1.  sunray, and bergkamp  18 each
3.  Feklhr  16
4.  Magic_D and verystripeyzebra  14 each
6.  adamosad  12
7.  lav, and arira  10 each
9.  tansley, and wyzzz  6 each
11.  Mort, Glamdring, jussi, inim, Luxor, Kari_Grandi, DiggityDank, and Ignaz,  4 each

Good luck for last Saturday of the month next week!  See you at 1500 UTC for registration and 1520 for play!   B)

socksey

MOUSE POTATO The on-line, wired generation's answer to the couch potato.

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 30 Apr 05, 18 players, Tourneybot #1354:

1.  Zorba  14
2.  javiator  10
3.  boomslang, socksey,  4 each
5.  chopos, adrian, inim, jednorozec, sunray, Schigolch,  2 each

Other players:  Feklhr, adamosad, Glamdring, magic_one, bergkamp, Nibot, Paul_William, and adrian.

Congratulations to Zorba for the win and for the Maven Certificate courtesy Carolina_Blue!   :wub:  Also, congrats to javiator for second place.  Nice one!  :)

1. sunray  20  April winner!  congrats sunray!   :cool:
2.  bergkamp 18  second place winner!  wtg, bergkamp!   :D
3. Feklhr 16  congrats for 3rd place feksis!  not bad!   :rolleyes:
4. Magic_D, verystripeyzebra, and Zorba,  14 each
7. adamosad 12
8. lav, javiator, and arira 10 each
11. tansley, socksey, inim, and wyzzz 6 each
15. Mort, Glamdring, jussi, inim, Luxor, Kari_Grandi, DiggityDank, Schigolch, adrian, boomslang, jednorozec, and Ignaz, 4 each
26.  salange, magowiz, samirah, erdbeere, kipros, technophobe, tyke, Dina, texan, and chopos   2 each

Thanks to all the players this month!  Good luck for the new month of May!  Looks like gogogiz will be hosting next Saturday 1500 for registration and 1520 to start playing.   ;)

socksey

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being, hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint. - Erma Bombeck

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 7 May 05, 13 players, Tourneybot #1365:

1.  Kari_Grandi  12
2.  jokirk  8
3.  Beach_Bum, sunray,  4 each
5.  scanto, adrian,  2 each

Other players:  Mort, gogogiz, hubo, hrf, SirLuzalot_, and avic.  Thx to all who participated!   :wub:

Congratulations to Kari_Grandi, winner for today!   :cool:  Nice second, jokirk.  :D

Special thx to Noah for hosting!   ;)

It's a new month and plenty of room for anyone to win the monthly championship.  Good luck to all of you!   :rolleyes:

socksey

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. - Catherine

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 14 May 05, 12 players, Tourneybot #1372:

1.  Backwoods  12
2.  leveler  8
3.  sunray, breadfruit, Kari_Grandi, and socksey,  2 each

Other players:  adamosad, bigbooay, fiftythree, dorbel, and scanto.  Thank you all for participating!  ;)

Congrats on the win, Backwoods, and nice second, leveler!   :yes:

Collective monthly points for May:

1.  Kari_Grandi  14
2.  Backwoods,  12
3.  jokirk and leveler,  8 each
5.  sunray  6
6.  Beach_Bum  4
7.  scanto, adrian, breadfruit, and socksey,  2 each

Plenty of room for anyone to win this month!  Good luck to all!   :D

socksey

In a London, England cemetery: Here lies Ann Mann, Who lived an old maid  But died an old Mann. Dec. 8, 1767   :o

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 21 May 05, 15 players, Tourneybot #1382:

1.  amarganth  12
2.  cowgirl  8
3.  Noah  4
4.  fiftythree, sunray, zakasax, jokirk, and hubo  2 each

Other players:  febsterin, socksey, Chris, cococaro, clay (left before tourney began), Kari_Grandi, and Mort.  Thanks to all who participated!  

Congratulations to winner, amarganth, and to 2nd place winner, cowgirl!   :cool:  Thanks to Noah for hosting today!   :wub:    

1.  Kari_Grandi  14
2.  Backwoods, and amarganth,  12 each
4.  jokirk  10
5.  leveler, sunray, and cowgirl,  8 each
8.  Beach_Bum, and Noah,   4 each
10.  scanto, adrian, breadfruit, socksey, fiftythree, zakasax, and hubo,  2 each

Only one Saturday to compete for the monthly title left for this month.  Good luck to all!   :D

We haven't had enough players for the past 3 weeks for either the Maven Certificate or for higher points, so ask you friends to join the tourney next Saturday, and let's try to get over 16 players then.   ;)  

socksey

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who donââ,¬â,,¢t do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

socksey

Results for Mini-Matches, 28 May 05, 14 players, Tourneybot #1389:

1.  adamosad  12
2.  socksey  8
3.  arira, and Mort,  4 each
5.  jokirk, and wyzzz,  2 each

Other Players:  fibsterin, Kari_Grandi, Backwoods, tyke, stog, cuistot, and zorie.
Thanks to all who participated!    :yes:

Congratulations to adamosad for winning today and to me, socksey for second place!  :P  Thanks to gogogiz for hosting!   :D

1.  Kari_Grandi  14
2.  Backwoods, jokirk, amarganth, and adamosad,  12 each
6.  socksey  10
7.  leveler, sunray, and cowgirl,  8 each
10.  Beach_Bum, Noah, arira, and Mort,  4 each
14.  scanto, adrian, breadfruit, fiftythree, zakasax, hubo, and wyzzz,  2 each

Wow!  Congrats to Kari for grand winner for May.  

Unique situation with 4 persons tying for second place.  Shall we have a run-off or let it stand this way?  Need feedback please.   :)

socksey

"Do not wait for leaders. Do it alone, person to person." - Mother Teresa

adamosad

Hello Socksey,

I think it is better to let it stand this way.

See: hallfame

You can see there fridays3 for month Jan
1. tryout (18 pts)
2. stog, inim, cmyk, zumsel, resh_lakish (14 pts)

All 5 players took the 2nd place there, so I believe nothing must be done.

I don't know what it must be done in case of 2 players in 1st place. In that case, maybe a run-off will be needed.

socksey

Sounds good to me!  :lol:   I know, adam, you just want your name in lights!   :lol:

socksey

"If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?" - Lily Tomlin

adamosad

Maybe you are right Socksey. But who doesn't want to see his nickname multiple times in Tourneystatsbot database?  :D

Gl to everyone for the month Jun  ;)  Have fun!!!