News:

VIP Donors can remain anonymous while still enjoying all the benefits.......

Main Menu

Game 4, move 34 Blitzxz and 35 Forum : Forum 3-2

Started by diane, April 01, 2010, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Blitzxz danced with 2-2, Forum, blue, to move 5-4

H98BAGBt2yAAGg:QQm2ACAACAAA
Never give up on the things that make you smile

PersianLord

Spoiler
11/7 to put a builder in the best distance (6 pts) and 22/17 to avoid a mess in case of a vicious 1-1 for White.

PL
[close]
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

diane

I have extended the voting time on this one, in recognition of 'nice buns' day  ;) and because we seem to have no hope of a winning choice right now!!

dorbel

Spoiler
it looks like 22/17, 11/7 to me, giving sixes to complete our board. It also adds 4-4 to make the 1pt and 5-5 to make our bar, nice extras! I can't see any point to any of the moves that include 23/18, of which ludicrously the worst is 23/18, 22/18. Is Blitzx allowed to vote?
[close]

ah_clem

Spoiler

We'd most like to cover the blot on the ace point.  Putting a checker on the 7 gives the most chances of doing so.  17/36 vs 15/36 if we put it on the 6.  It's not in danger of being hit, so the 7 point is completely safe (and I'd probably play it there anyway even if it wasn't).

Then, keep the anchor by playing off the 22.  Spreading the checkers by playing off the 23 is more flexible (say, we roll a bunch of 2s and 3s and have our board crunch ) but not worth the additional risk.

22/17, 11/7

[close]

diane

Quote from: dorbel on April 02, 2010, 09:34:06 AM
Spoiler
I can't see any point to any of the moves that include 23/18, of which ludicrously the worst is 23/18, 22/18. Is Blitzx allowed to vote?
[close]

Spoiler
Agreed with 23/18, 22/18...but I do like 23/18 and slot the bar to give us the 6 to make the board.   Why...well he is in a mess, we have a strong board, and I think we have a chance at more checkers if he comes in.  Even with that 1-1, we still are likely to enter and maybe even hit another.  Moving from the 23 gives us more flexibility and more options on hitting more of his checkers...but it seems I am alone in this...where is the chicken feed?  ;)
[close]

dorbel

"More flexibility" is of course a good thing in the abstract and when your opponent is on the bar is a good time to seek it, but here we can deal in concrete numbers. Having blots in the opponents board doesn't increase our chances of picking up another blot, particularly as we will be closing him out half the time on the next roll. What it does is give him a massive super joker (1-1) to get back into the game. Avoiding that is good. Gaining 5-5 and 4-4 as cover numbers is good. The downside, we roll combinations of 2 and 3 forever until he enters both checkers from the bar, is too small to even think about.

blitzxz

Quote from: dorbel on April 02, 2010, 09:34:06 AM
Is Blitzx allowed to vote?

I'm allowed to vote, because I don't think there is any way to block that. But I haven't voted, of cource.

ah_clem

Quote from: diane on April 02, 2010, 07:54:10 AM
I have extended the voting time on this one, in recognition of 'nice buns' day  ;)

Is "nice buns" day over yet?

Or is every day "nice buns" day?

diane

Quote from: ah_clem on April 03, 2010, 11:27:15 PMOr is every day "nice buns" day?

That depends on whether you are around clem  ;)  :laugh: :laugh:

It is one of those 'out of the mouths of babes' things...Easter being the time when you eat hot cross buns...and my friends children like them...so the phrase was coined.

Since I was allowing for the fact that it is Easter and people might be spending time with their loved ones, and not on the internet  ;) I decided to give more time and use the phrase to explain why  :cool:

ah_clem

Oh, and here I thought "nice buns day" was some sort of Australian beach holiday.   It's still a little chilly here to get out my mankini.

diane

Quote from: ah_clem on April 04, 2010, 01:18:59 PMIt's still a little chilly here to get out my mankini.

Just make sure that your camera comes out when the garment does  ;)