News:

"Fibsboard allows for more considered reading and response, whereas Fibs shout is a more intuitive interaction"

Main Menu

Bloody Mary Season V

Started by socksey, April 17, 2010, 07:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socksey

Bloody Mary "Sunday Special" Season V

Weekly tourneys (3-pt matches/5-pt final)
Every Sunday at FIBS
Registration 10 AM Texas time (1500 UTC/GMT)
Play begins at 10:30 AM or 15:30 UTC/GMT

The Bloody Mary season consists of thirty-two weekly tournaments with up to thirty-two (32) winners of weekly tournaments becoming eligible to participate in the season championship series. Winners of two or more weekly events during a season will receive two invitations to the season championship. Winners of three weekly events in a single season will receive a round one bye; winners of four will receive two round one byes. The season ends when two 16-player winners brackets are filled with 32 eligible winners and/or byes.

Running concurrently during the first couple of months of Season V was the Season IV Championship won by rollingfool - special congrats to you, fool, for winning the season championship. Congrats to all previous winners and thanks to the countless players who have made Bloody Mary Sundays and backgammon a continuing success.

Special thanks to Tom for keeping the TourneyBot going and to jackdaddy for filling in as TD when I couldn't make it.   To which i will add special thanks to you, socksey, for your leadership in keeping the Bloody Mary tradition at FIBS alive and well.

sixty_something

Bloody Mary "Sunday Special" Season V 2010

Every Sunday at FIBS

Bloody Mary "Sunday Special" Season V Weekly Winners:

[table=]
Number,   Date    , Tourney #, TD(s), Seeding, Registered, Winner
14-Mar
,jackdaddy,
Random
,austin , :nr1:
21-Mar
,socksey,
Random
,yoyo , :nr1:    
28-Mar
,socksey,
Random
,austin , :nr1: :nr1:
4-Apr
,socksey,
Random
,donzaemon , :nr1:
11-Apr
,socksey,
Random
,Im_not_gimmeluck , :nr1:
18-Apr
,,socksey,
Random
,BackgaMother , :nr1:
25-Apr
,,socksey,
Random
,paf, :nr1:
2-May
,,socksey,
Random
,austin, :nr1: :nr1: :nr1:
8-May
,,socksey,
Random
,Miccimalou, :nr1:
16-May
,,socksey,
Random
,Slipshod, :nr1:
23-May
,,socksey,
Random
,vegasvic, :nr1:
30-May
,,socksey,
Random
,silent_greek, :nr1:
6-June
,,socksey,
Random
,jdg, :nr1:
13-June
,,socksey,
Random
,jdg, :nr1:  :nr1:
20-June
,sixtie,
Rating
,donzabackgame, :nr1:
27-June
,sixtie,
Random
,sunray, :nr1:
4-Jul
,,socksey,
Random
,vegas_vic, :nr1: :nr1:
11-Jul
,sixtie,
Rating
,BackgaMother, :nr1: :nr1:
18-Jul
,sixtie,
Rating
,sunray, :nr1: :nr1:
25-Jul
,,socksey,
Custom*
,vegas_vic, :nr1: :nr1: :nr1:
1-Aug
,,socksey,
Custom*
,MarcoPolo, :nr1:
8-Aug
,sixtie,
Rating
,rollingfool, :nr1:
15-Aug
,jackdaddy,
Rating
,sweets, :nr1:
22-Aug
,sixtie,
Rating
,Centu, :nr1:
29-Aug
,sixtie,
Rating
,MarcoPolo, :nr1: :nr1:
5-Sep
,sixtie,
Rating
,Picasso, :nr1:
12-Sep
,sixtie,
Rating
,humanbot, :nr1:
19-Sep
,sixtie,
Rating
,PersianLord, :nr1:
26-Sep
,sixtie jackdaddy socksey,
Rating
,socksey, :nr1:
03-Oct
,sixtie,
Rating
,DeaDice, :nr1:
10-Oct
,jackdaddy socksey,
Rating
,yonay, :nr1:
17-Oct
,sixtie,
Rating
,rif_raf, :nr1:
[/table]

* According to socksey, seeding for tourneys #20 and #21 was ""sequential, then i mixed them up a bit before starting"

BRACKET SEEDING

since its inception, i have experimented with several types of seeding for brackets and championship formats for the Bloody Mary tourney .. while seeding by Rating has always been my preference for a full season .. after repeated lobbying by me, Tom implemented this in TourneyBot .. since resuming my role as Bloody Mary TD, i have returned to using seeding by rating .. however, when a sub runs a tourney (or i screw up) the seeding order is subject to change

for anyone interested, the TourneyBot command to create seeding order by rating is very simple .. it is simply the command CREATE SINGLE .. this will automatically create a single elimination bracket seeded by rating .. the old command, CREATE BRACKET, still works and creates a single elimination seeded in random order .. there are other differences between SINGLE and BRACKET, but i will leave that to Tom to describe, as necessary

REGISTRATION LIMITS

the Bloody Mary tournament remains one of the only tournaments to set high limits for registration .. this has led to some misunderstandings in the past and even to some hurt feelings .. while the limits i have set may seem absurdly high, on average nine out of ten players meet these limits with no problem .. it is rare that anyone who wants to play doesn't get to because of limits alone

my original intent was and remains to offer the Bloody Mary as a tourney for experienced FIBS players who have a good RepBot reputation and to promote responsible RepBotNG usage .. newcomers and others not meeting the limits are always welcomed and will almost always be allowed to play .. at regular intervals before and during registration, i repeat the following shouts describing the Bloody Mary registration limits

Quote from: FIBS shoutsduring the hour before registration opens, i use the following shout at least twice:

*** Bloody Mary "Sunday Special" tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final) registration  begins at top of the hour and play begins 30 minutes later or when the bracket fills. All are  welcome to play who have 50000 or better RepBot reputation, a minimum of 1000 games  experience, and who have a minimum 1400 rating. *** If you don't meet the registration limits, please send me a TELL ..  I can and will grant exemptions ***

--- When registration opens i use the following shout at least twice:

*** All are welcome to play in the Bloody Mary "Sunday Special" FIBS Tournament who have 50000 or better RepBot reputation, a minimum of 1000 games experience, and who have a minimum 1400 rating. *** If you don't meet the registration limits, please send me a TELL ..  I can and will grant exemptions ***

it has been my desire to let the Bloody Mary "Sunday Special" provide a unique and different tournament format at FIBS for weekly events and as a championship series .. as we approach the end of our fifth season with continued interest and better than average registration, most FIBSters seem satisfied with some notable and at times outspoken exceptions
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

sixty_something

sweets defeats the red hot socksey

in the finals of yesterday's Bloody Mary with a field of 26 players, sweets defeated socksey .. socks was going for a FIBS hat trick of three major tournament wins in a row having just won the last Friday F3 and Mini-Matches tourney on Saturday .. the win was sweets first Bloody Mary win this season and perhaps first ever .. if so, no more Virgin Marys for you, sweets .. with the win sweets becomes the seventeenth winner in week 23 of the 32 week season

sweets will now receive an invitation to the Season V Bloody Mary Championship Series (BMCS V) .. winners of two or more will receive two invites .. winners of three or four Bloody Marys will qualify for round one byes for one or both or their entries .. no one has ever won five .. if they do, someone else will get a bye

so, congrats, sweets and good luck in the BMCS V .. nice second, socks, keep playing -- we have 9 weeks remaining to have our ticket punched into the BMCS V

see below for weekly winners and other details
e-mail me

sixty_something

Two Bloody Mary Rookies Face-off in the Finals -- Centu wins it

in a field of 25 players, Centu defeated oddsR .. both finalists were first time Bloody Mary tourney players .. no more Virgin Marys for you, Centu .. with the win Centu becomes the eighteenth winner in week 24 of the 32 week season

Centu will now receive an invitation to the Season V Bloody Mary Championship Series (BMCS V) .. winners of two or more will receive two invites .. winners of three or four Bloody Marys will qualify for round one byes for one or both or their entries .. no one has ever won five .. if they do, someone else will get a bye

so, congrats, Centu and good luck in the BMCS V .. you had a very nice second place finish, oddsR, in your first Bloody Mary .. keep playing .. there are 8 weeks remaining to have your ticket punched into the BMCS V

e-mail me

sixty_something

MarcoPolo Wins Second Entry into the BMCS V

in week 25 of the 32 week season and a field of 23 players, MarcoPolo defeated LuckyDice 5-0 after getting out to a 3-0 lead and accepting a cube from LD .. LuckyDice was looking for his first Bloody Mary tourney win this season  

MarcoPolo will now receive a second invitation to the Season V Bloody Mary Championship Series (BMCS V) starting in late October .. winners of two or more weekly Bloody Mary events will receive two invites .. winners of three or four Bloody Marys will qualify for round one byes for one or both or their entries .. no one has ever won five Bloody Marys in one season .. if they do, someone else will get a bye

so, congrats, MarcoPolo and good luck in the BMCS V .. LuckyDice had a very nice second place finish in a tough field .. keep playing, LD, there are 8 weeks remaining to win an invite into the BMCS V, but the competition will be getting tougher and tougher

e-mail me

sixty_something

Picasso Defeats vegas_vic in Exciting Final

in a field of 22 players, Picasso spoiled vegas_vic's attempt to win his fourth Bloody Mary of the season .. with as many as eleven (11) watchers at one point, Picasso survived the Crawford game and came back for a remarkable win .. it was one of the best final rounds this observer has seen in a long while and very well played by both finalists

Picasso will now receive an invitation to the Season V Bloody Mary Championship Series (BMCS V) starting in late October .. winners of two or more weekly Bloody Mary events will receive two invites .. winners of three or four Bloody Marys will qualify for round one byes for one or both or their entries .. no one has ever won five Bloody Marys in one season .. if they do, someone else will get a bye

congrats, Picasso and good luck in the BMCS V .. this was week 26 of the 32 week season .. there are 6 weeks remaining to win an invite into the championship series

e-mail me

sixty_something

humanbot Defeats burton for a First Bloody Mary Win

in another strong field of 25 players, humanbot, playing in his first Bloody Mary tourney, knocked out burton for the win ..  ahead 2-1, humanbot picked up a win holding the cube at 2 and closed out burton in the Crawford game

humanbot will now receive an invitation to the Season V Bloody Mary Championship Series (BMCS V) starting in late October .. winners of two or more weekly Bloody Mary events will receive two invites .. winners of three or four Bloody Marys will qualify for round one byes for one or both or their entries .. no one has ever won five Bloody Marys in one season .. if they do, someone else will get a bye

congrats, humanbot and good luck in the BMCS V .. this was week 27 of the 32 week season .. there are only 5 weeks remaining to win an invite into the championship series

e-mail me

sixty_something

PersianLord Backgammons sixtie for a Bloody Mary Win

in a field of 19 players, PersianLord, trailing in the match 0-3, backgammoned sixtie with the cube at 2 to win the match ..  ahead 3-0, sixtie took an early cube and almost turned it into a win as PersianLord danced repeatedly on a 5=point board .. but a blot on the ace point was finally hit with a roll of 21 which enabled PL to get a double hit and sweep up other loose checkers leaving sixtie dancing on the bar with 4 checkers

PersianLord will now receive an invitation to the Season V Bloody Mary Championship Series (BMCS V) starting in about five (5) weeks .. winners of two or more weekly Bloody Mary events will receive two invites .. winners of three or four Bloody Marys will qualify for round one byes for one or both or their entries .. no one has ever won five Bloody Marys in one season .. if they do, someone else will get a bye

congrats, PersianLord and good luck in the BMCS V .. this was week 28 of the 32 week season .. there are only 4 weeks remaining to win an invite into the championship series

see below for this season's weekly winners and other details
e-mail me

sixty_something

socksey Gets a Bloody Mary

in a field of 27 players, socksey faced MarcoPolo in the finals, but Marco, like your intrepid TD earlier, had an emergency and had to leave before the match started ..  so, socksey was awarded the final match by TourneyBot .. it was an anti-climatic way to end an exciting tourney .. but life happens -- we can't always be where we want to be when we want to be

socksey will now receive an invitation to the Season V Bloody Mary Championship Series (BMCS V) starting in about four (4) weeks .. winners of two or more weekly Bloody Mary events will receive two invites .. winners of three or four Bloody Marys will qualify for round one byes for one or both or their entries .. no one has ever won five Bloody Marys in one season .. if they do, someone else will get a bye

congrats, socksey and good luck in the BMCS V .. also, thanks to you and jackdaddy for taking over for me as TD when an unscheduled conflict that required my attention came up for me

this was week 29 of the 32 week season .. there are only THREE weeks remaining to win an invite into the championship series

e-mail me

sixty_something

Surfs Up! DeaDice Catches a Wave

in a field of 21 players, DeaDice kcocked out fellow surfing enthusiast rif_raf 8-0 in the finals with a pair of gammons

DeaDice will now receive an invitation to the Season V Bloody Mary Championship Series (BMCS V) starting in about three (3) weeks .. winners of two or more weekly Bloody Mary events will receive two invites .. winners of three or four Bloody Marys will qualify for round one byes for one or both or their entries .. no one has ever won five Bloody Marys in one season .. if they do, someone else will get a bye

congrats, Dea and good luck in the BMCS V .. this was week 30 of the 32 week season .. there are only TWO weeks remaining to win an invite into this championship series

e-mail me

sixty_something

Bloody Mary "Sunday Special" Season V 2010

Every Sunday at FIBS

The 32 week Bloody Mary Season V was completed Sunday. Winners of the past 32 tourneys will be invited to participate in the Bloody Mary Championship Series (BMCS V) to crown the new Bloody Mary Season Champion. Winners of two or more tourneys will receive two entries. Winners of three or four tourneys will receive a first round bye or byes. Two randomly seeded brackets with up to 16 players each will be opened for registration soon with play beginning about a week later. Invitations to each championship bracket will be sent by FIBS messages. Stay tuned for further details.

Bloody Mary "Sunday Special" Season V Weekly Winners:

[table=]
Week,    Date,Tourney #, TD(s),Seeding,Registered, Winner
14-Mar
,jackdaddy,
Random
,austin , :nr1:
21-Mar
,socksey,
Random
,yoyo , :nr1:    
28-Mar
,socksey,
Random
,austin , :nr1: :nr1:
4-Apr
,socksey,
Random
,donzaemon , :nr1:
11-Apr
,socksey,
Random
,Im_not_gimmeluck , :nr1:
18-Apr
,,socksey,
Random
,BackgaMother , :nr1:
25-Apr
,,socksey,
Random
,paf, :nr1:
2-May
,,socksey,
Random
,austin, :nr1: :nr1: :nr1:
8-May
,,socksey,
Random
,Miccimalou, :nr1:
16-May
,,socksey,
Random
,Slipshod, :nr1:
23-May
,,socksey,
Random
,vegasvic, :nr1:
30-May
,,socksey,
Random
,silent_greek, :nr1:
6-Jun
,,socksey,
Random
,jdg, :nr1:
13-Jun
,,socksey,
Random
,jdg, :nr1:  :nr1:
20-Jun
,sixtie,
Rating
,donzabackgame, :nr1:
27-Jun
,sixtie,
Random
,sunray, :nr1:
4-Jul
,,socksey,
Random
,vegas_vic, :nr1: :nr1:
11-Jul
,sixtie,
Rating
,BackgaMother, :nr1: :nr1:
18-Jul
,sixtie,
Rating
,sunray, :nr1: :nr1:
25-Jul
,,socksey,
Custom*
,vegas_vic, :nr1: :nr1: :nr1:
1-Aug
,,socksey,
Custom*
,MarcoPolo, :nr1:
8-Aug
,sixtie,
Rating
,rollingfool, :nr1:
15-Aug
,jackdaddy,
Rating
,sweets, :nr1:
22-Aug
,sixtie,
Rating
,Centu, :nr1:
29-Aug
,sixtie,
Rating
,MarcoPolo, :nr1: :nr1:
5-Sep
,sixtie,
Rating
,Picasso, :nr1:
12-Sep
,sixtie,
Rating
,humanbot, :nr1:
19-Sep
,sixtie,
Rating
,PersianLord, :nr1:
26-Sep
,sixtie jackdaddy socksey,
Rating
,socksey, :nr1:
03-Oct
,sixtie,
Rating
,DeaDice, :nr1:
10-Oct
,jackdaddy socksey,
Rating
,yonay, :nr1:
17-Oct
,sixtie,
Rating
,rif_raf, :nr1:
[/table]

* According to socksey, seeding for tourneys #20 and #21 was "sequential, then i mixed them up a bit before starting"

e-mail me

sixty_something

BMSC V
Bloody Mary Season Championship -- Season V

Eligible Players
Eligible players are split into two 16 player brackets (3-pt matches/5-pt final). Invitations to each championship bracket will be sent by TourneyBot messages when players login until they have registered. Winners of two or more weekly tourneys during the season receive invites into both brackets. For the purpose of seeding and simplicity players winning multiple events under more than one nickname were consolidated under one nick. Multple winners in Season V in seed order are:
:nr1: :nr1: :nr1: austin vegas_vic   :nr1: :nr1: jdg donzaemon BackgaMother sunray MarcoPolo

Due to schedule conflicts during the upcoming month, donzaemon sends his regrets that he will be unable to play. This will result in three time winners austin and vegas_vic each receiving round one byes in both brackets.

Bracket Seeding
Players with multiple wins are seeded in each bracket by number of wins and date achieved. Winners of three or more weekly events will receive a round one bye for one entry. Winners of four or more events receive two round one byes. All other players are seeded randomly by the TD. Round one pairings can tenatively be seen in the lists below (assuming donz is unable to play) by matching players in list order on line one and line two. Once started, TourneyBot pairings will be final. Boldfacing below indicates player has registered.

Bracket I (Tourney #3667):
austin vegas_vic jdg donzaemon BackgaMother sunray MarcoPolo sweets Im_not_gimmeluck
Bye Bye rif_raf Centu Picasso rollingfool Miccimalou socksey

Bracket II (Tourney #3668):
vegas_vic austin jdg donzaemon BackgaMother sunray MarcoPolo humanbot Slipshod
Bye Bye PersianLord PL_BACKGAME yonay yoyo silent_greek paf DeaDice

Play Begins
Registration opened Monday, 01-Nov-2010. Registration will close Monday, 08-Nov-2010, or when the brackets fill.
TourneyBot will advise players of pairings each time they login and begin a clock the moment a pairing is available. TourneyBot will also advise players of their clock settings periodically when they or their opponents login.  Players are expected to complete their matches within a three to five day time frame. Warnings will be issued at about 48 and 24 hours before the deadline. Extensions will be granted by the TD ONLY on request. Otherwise the match may be awarded.

Thanks Again
As the proud creator of the Bloody Mary "Sunday Special", I cannot express enough my thanks to the many players and volunteer TD's who stepped in during my absence from FIBS for over a year and through sheer demand kept the tourney going. The Bloody Mary is now into its sixth season and has a consistently large field averaging over 20 players a week. In particular, special acknowledgements are due to socksey, jackdaddy, ManxCat, and others for keeping the tourney going as volunteer TD's and to Tom for maintaining and supporting TourneyBot.
:s40:

Stay tuned to this thread for further details.
e-mail me

sixty_something

BMSC V

Play Begins
Registration opened Monday, 01-Nov-2010. Registration will close Monday, 08-Nov-2010, by 1200 UTC or when the brackets fill.

Not Yet Registered
Several players are not yet registered. Three have not logged in regularly since registration opened. I am particularly concerned about BackgaMother who has earned two entries and last logged in on Oct-30, just a couple of days before registration opened. Two players have not logged in in several weeks or more, Centu and paf, Oct-11 and Sep-02, respectively. I have left messages for MarcoPolo and PersianLord at FIBS. Additionally, FIBSboard messages have been left for BackgaMother and PersianLord. Others do not have a FIBSboard account with the same name. Finally, donzaemon with two wins this season has expressed his regrets due to a busy travel schedule over then next few weeks. Of course, he will remain eligible to register up until the moment I start the brackets on Monday or all other players register in that bracket.

Any help in reaching and encouraging these players to register will be appreciated. Other than one final warning message at FIBS, there is little more that I can do. Boldfacing below indicates a player has registered.

Bracket I (Tourney #3667):
donzaemon BackgaMother MarcoPolo Centu

Bracket II (Tourney #3668):
donzaemon BackgaMother PersianLord PL_BACKGAME paf

PersianLord will be playing as PL_BACKGAME.

Pairings
TourneyBot will advise players of pairings each time they login and begin a clock the moment a pairing is available. TourneyBot will also advise players of their clock settings periodically when they or their opponents login.  Players are expected to complete their matches within a three to five day time frame. Warnings will be issued about 48 and 24 hours before the deadline. Extensions will be granted by the TD ONLY on request. Otherwise the match will be awarded after 5 days.

e-mail me

sixty_something

BMSC V

Play Started
Thanks to a last minute registration by two time winner, BackgaMother, on Sunday, play started on schedule, Monday, 08-Nov, at 14:02 UTC. Two winners from Season V, Centu and paf, missed registering due to not having logged in since Oct-11 and Sep-02, respectively. Another two time winner, donzaemon, was unable to play due to travel conflicts. Thus several additional round 1 byes became available. Byes were awarded by TourneyBot in the ALLOW list order, as described in an earlier post.

Pairings
TourneyBot will advise players of pairings each time they login and begin a clock the moment a pairing is available. TourneyBot will also advise players of their clock settings periodically when they or their opponents login. Players are expected to complete their matches within a three to five day time frame. Warnings will be issued about 48 and 24 hours before the deadline. Extensions will be granted by the TD ONLY on request. Otherwise the match will be awarded after 5 days.

Bracket I (Tourney #3667) -- Round 1 (3 pts):
    rif_raf (1520) def. Im_not_gimmeluck (1499) 3-0 winner plays austin (1975),
    socksey (1637) def. BackgaMother (1641) 4-0,
    sunray (1872) def. Miccimalou (1512) 4-2,
    Picasso (1747) def. sweets (1634) 3-0*, winner plays vegas_vic (1918),
    MarcoPolo (1824) vs rollingfool (1607) winner plays jdg (1914)
    * AWARDed -- sweets not logged in since Nov-07

Bracket II (Tourney #3668) -- Round 1 (3 pts):
    Slipshod (1906) def. PL_BACKGAME (1724) 12-1, winner plays vegas_vic (1918),
    DeaDice (1828) def. BackgaMother (1641) 4-0,
    sunray (1872) def. silent_greek (1646) 3-2,
    humanbot (1704) def. yonay (1740) 3-0, winner plays austin (1975),
    MarcoPolo (1833) vs yoyo (1807) winner plays jdg (1914)

TourneyBot
Players and observers may find two TourneyBot commands helpful during play, PAIRS and CLOCKS. The list above of current pairs is available using the PAIRS 3667 or PAIRS 3668 command. As play progresses, each players clock setting is displayed with CLOCKS 3667 or CLOCKS 3668. That information is also provided automatically by TourneyBot each time a player or their opponent logs in.

Finally, it is important to remember that whenever two opponents face each other in a match of the length specified above, TourneyBot will record the results of that match as an "official" BMSC V result even if that match is a round in another tournament. So, get your matches played early.
e-mail me

sixty_something

BMSC V

Clocks
Players did not go "On the clock" until more than 24 hours after pairs were announced. So, TourneyBot has given everyone an extra day to complete your matches. Matches should be completed within 3 to 5 days after the pairing is announced. I will grant extensions on request, but will AWARD after 5 days otherwise. Therefore, a 48 HOUR WARNING will be going out tomorrow for any Round 1 matches not yet completed.

TourneyBot clocks will be considered official times, but the TourneyBot CLOCKS command is currently reporting times that may vary. Until this is resolved, I will treat clock times as EQUAL FOR BOTH PLAYERS. In the event an AWARD needs to be made, availability and communication with me as TD will be used to make all decisions.
e-mail me

sixty_something

BMSC V

TourneyBot
TourneyBot has been experiencing problems for the past few days. When functioning, TourneyBot will advise players of pairings each time they login; TourneyBot will also advise players of their clock settings periodically when they or their opponents login. Given the current unreliability of TourneyBot, I am making no further CLOCK decisions solely on TourneyBot until it is debugged and corrected.

Regardless, players are expected to complete their matches within a three to five day time frame. Warnings will be issued about 48 and 24 hours before the deadline. Extensions will be granted by the TD ONLY on request. Otherwise the match will be awarded after 5 days.

Pairings
TourneyBot pairings are unchanged. However, if a match is completed and does not trigger a shout message from TourneyBot, it may not be recorded. Thus, please report your match results to me via FIBS message or email as a backup.

PAIRS and CLOCKS
When TourneyBot is working, players and observers may find two commands helpful during play, PAIRS and CLOCKS. Current pairings are available using the PAIRS 3667 or PAIRS 3668 command. As play progresses, each players clock setting is displayed with CLOCKS 3667 or CLOCKS 3668. That information is also provided automatically by TourneyBot each time a player or their opponent logs in (when TourneyBot is functioning correctly)

It is important to remember that whenever two opponents face each other in a match of the length specified above, TourneyBot will record the results of that match as an "official" BMSC V result even if that match is a round in another tournament. Please use that rule even when TourneyBot is not functioning.
e-mail me

sixty_something

BMSC V

Clocks
With the installation of an earlier more stable version of TourneyBot, the CLOCKS command is now reporting times that make sense.  Therefore, TourneyBot clocks will now be considered official times again, but will not be the only factor used if an AWARD decision is required.

Matches should be completed within 3 to 5 days after the pairing is announced. I will grant extensions on request, but will AWARD after 5 days otherwise. Two awards after more than 7 days have already been issued.

So, please try to complete your matches within the 3-5 day time frame. I will grant extensions on request, but, now that the TourneyBot clocks are more reliable, I will AWARD promptly after 5 days, if necessary.

e-mail me

sixty_something

BMSC V

Time Limits
Players are expected to complete their matches within a three to five day time frame from when paired. The TourneyBot clock is used to determine when the 5-day limit is reached, but will not be the exclusive factor if a decision is required as times may vary slightly for each player. As TD, I will treat the time "on clock" for both players as the same.

Warnings will be issued about 48 and 24 hours before the deadline. Extensions will be granted by the TD on request ONLY. Otherwise the match will be awarded after 5 days. Good luck to all remaining players as the championship begins to wind down.

Championship Brackets
Winners of the two brackets will face each other in a double elimination playoff with all 5-point matches. The tourney will be managed by TourneyBot with invitations going out when the finalists are determined.

Bracket I (Tourney #3667)
-- BMSC V SEMI-FINALS -- Round 4 (5 pts):
    jdg (1914) def. rif_raf (1520) 12-0
     1 out of 1 completed.

-- Round 3 (3 pts):
    rif_raf (1520) def. socksey (1637) 4-0
    jdg (1914) def. Picasso (1747) 4-0
    2 out of 2 completed.

-- Round 2 (3 pts):
    rif_raf (1520) def. austin (1975) 12-0
    socksey (1637) def. sunray (1872) 3-0
    Picasso (1747) def. vegas_vic (1918) 3-0

jdg (1914) def. rollingfool (1607) 4-1
    4 out of 4 completed.

-- Round 1 (3 pts):
    rif_raf (1520) def. Im_not_gimmeluck (1499) 3-0
    socksey (1637) def. BackgaMother (1641) 4-0,
    sunray (1872) def. Miccimalou (1512) 4-2,
    Picasso (1747) def. sweets (1634) 3-0*
    rollingfool (1607) def. MarcoPolo (1824) 3-0*
    5 out of 5 completed.
    * AWARDed -- sweets not logged in since Nov-02; MarcoPolo not responding and over 7 days

Bracket II (Tourney #3668)
-- BMSC V SEMI-FINALS -- Round 4 (5 pts):
    yoyo (1807) def. sunray (1872) 5-2  
    1 out of 1 completed.

-- Round 3 (3 pts):
    sunray (1872) def. Slipshod (1906) 3-1
    yoyo (1807) def. austin (1975) 7-1
    2 out of 2 completed.
-- Round 2 (3 pts):
    Slipshod (1906) def. vegas_vic (1918) 3-0
    sunray (1872) def. DeaDice (1828) 4-0
    austin (1975) def. humanbot (1704) 3-2
    yoyo (1807) def. jdg (1914) 6-0
    4 out of 4 completed.

-- Round 1 (3 pts):
    Slipshod (1906) def. PL_BACKGAME (1724) 12-1
    DeaDice (1828) def. BackgaMother (1641) 4-0,
    sunray (1872) def. silent_greek (1646) 3-2,
    humanbot (1704) def. yonay (1740) 3-0
    yoyo (1807) def. MarcoPolo (1833) 3-0*
    * AWARDed after 8 days including a 2 day extension -- no communication from MarcoPolo
    5 out of 5 completed.

Match Completion
It is important to remember that whenever two opponents face each other in a match of the length specified above, TourneyBot will record the results of that match as an "official" BMSC V result even if that match is a round in another tournament.

e-mail me

sixty_something

BMSC V

Challonge! Brackets
I decided to try posting the BMSC V brackets using the Challonge graphic format. The preliminary results below are live brackets which I will update as matches are completed just as I will continue to do in the text fromat in my previous posts. While the readability of this image is a little problematic for my old eyes, I can zoom in with Ctrl + and it becomes quite readable.

Also, the hyperlink above the image points to the Challonge brackets themselves.

FIBS Bloody Mary Season Championship V

e-mail me

sixty_something

BMSC V Finals

Finalists: yoyo and jdg
The finalists were determined on Thanksgiving Day, Nov-25, two weeks after the BMSC V started play. Thanks to all the players and congratulations to yoyo and jdg our two finalists. In a sense this is a rematch, as yoyo defeated jdg's second entry  in round 2 of the second bracket.

Game 1. (5-pts) yoyo (1807) def. jdg (1914) 5-1
    Game 2. (5-pts) yoyo (1807) def. jdg (1914) 5-0
    Game 3. (5-pts) If necessary

The finals are a double elimination, best two out of three, tourney with all 5-point matches.

Bronze Medal Round
For the first time in BMSC playoffs, we're going to have a Bronze Medal round to decide third place. Semi-finalists rif_raf and sunray will square off in a double elimination, best two out of three, tourney with 3-point matches and a 5-point final, if necessary.

Game 1. sunray def. rif_raf 3-0
    Game 2.  rif_raf def. sunray 3-2
    Game 3. (5-pts) sunray def. rif_raf 7-0

Without TourneyBot's gentle nags and my threats of a timeout, all players are having a hard time getting together for completing their matches. I have been busy with other things, as well. Hopefully, we can GET HER DONE this week.

All matches were finished on Thursday, 9-Dec-10. Maybe next year we will fly all the finalists to Monte Carlo where the proceedings can be simulcast live worldwide. That'd probably get their attention and interest. Maybe not, after all we are but FIBSters.

Regardless, CONGRATS to the BMSC V medalists:

Gold Medal -- yoyo :nr1:
            Silver        -- jdg  :thumbsup2:
              Bronze      -- sunray :cool:

Better luck next season, rif_raf  :thumbsup:
e-mail me