News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2014 cheers! MAffi diane Tom Zorba  Sixty_something Linus & Aviator

Main Menu

Chouette

Started by sorrytigger, May 28, 2010, 11:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sorrytigger

Ah - forgot this one:

I'd like to introduce Chouette.

My idea is to use IRC for the team. There they may chat and exchange ideas. Too bad, IRC is not soo well known among the players. And too bad, that is another window involved (besides the fibs-client). Any ideas, comments, critics??

Andy

socksey

Split for new topic.............

We did the chouette thing some time ago a couple or few times.   :yes:  I think NIHolympic was officiating, sort of.   :yes:  I do remember it was FUN!   :)
I don't remember how to do it now.   :unhappy:  That was some time ago.  It would be fun to try again.  Couldn't we just use shouts for the discussion?

socksey

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." - H. L. Mencken

sixty_something

wouldn't the whisper command which is basically a kibitz to anyone watching work for chouette chats?

while the team player couldn't read all the whispers, he/she could be kept up to date with a summary tell every now and then .. the team player controlling the board could communicate with other team players by using the whisper command .. something like this would enable all watchers not participating in the chouette to see what is going on too .. thus, increasing the fun even more and using nothing but standard FIBS commands

cool idea .. i'd like to see it, too
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

dorbel

Two points, a fully consulting chouette is slow in real life. With all the consulting done by typing, it would probably be funereal. Watchers would have to remain silent.
If you are ok with these, using kibitz for the consulting would be fine.

sorrytigger

Good that I asked. Sometimes the answer is so close, that it's hidden to the eye.

Whisper is the missing link to me. I didn't consider kibitz, for the one in the box would take part, too. On the other hand, in real life he will hear the consultations, also. So what the heck.

Yes, thanks.

Lately I mostly play games (on fibs) with friends, and chatting is more important than playing. Even discussions about checkerplay and cube handling sometimes prevail. In those cases it already is like chouette. I think, it is ok and one learns a lot. Maybe the one in the box should bring along a lot of patience (this might be a +1 for kibitz instead of whisper, so he sees, that the others are still alive), maybe even a good book like the Bootcamp.

Thanks for your handy hints. Fibs and chouette already go hand in hand. I'll try it and tell you about the outcome.

Andreas

socksey

You might let us know when so we can be there.   :)

socksey

"Fierce competition among Podiatrists are turning them into Arch enemies." - Art Tugman