importing fibs league match to gnu bg

Started by BallardBG, June 08, 2010, 11:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallardBG

Can someone please direct me to instructions on how to import a saved fibs league match into gnugb?  thanks.  i thought i had done this once, but now cannot even seen to navigate the directories of gnubg.

Back to edit:  i did find this site http://www.bkgm.com/gnu/AllAboutGNU.html#fibs_importing  and now i can do it, but still only after moving all files to the root of gbubg. Still can't figure out the directory navigator.

diane

The first thing we need to know is what interface you are using - if it is javafibs, it will be easy  - let us know.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

Karakush

Don't mean to hijack the thread but I have a similar problem so thought it best to simply post here:

I use 3DFiBs  and can open logged games in that programme but I am have trouble working out how to open those files in GNU BG. When I browse in the appropriate directory for the GUI files for GNU BG, they are not there.

diane

Kapiti

... a similar question ... is it possible to download matches played on fibs to my own machine? i play on fibs (mostly) using javafibs on a mac, if that's relevant

thanks!
... kapiti

diane

Quote from: Kapiti on July 12, 2010, 09:41:05 AM
... a similar question ... is it possible to download matches played on fibs to my own machine? i play on fibs (mostly) using javafibs on a mac, if that's relevant thanks!

It is incredibly relevant  ;)

Javafibs stores all the moves you and your opponent make, as you make them - so you have a complete record of the match on your machine already - you just need to know where to look  :cool:

[if the match is disconnected at any point and then resumed, that can cause file corruption, but it is still fixable if you remember what happened in the missing bit and come back and ask.]

I am assuming you wish to do something with the file - such as analyse it in gnu....

The match is stored initially in a file in your javafibs folder called 'internal' - you need to 'convert' them, I have no idea what that does beyond changing the file extension and moving them into the 'jellyfish' folder.  ;)

To find these, the path is typically program files/javafibs/matches/

You convert in one of two ways..in javafibs itself, the top menu - 'tools', 'match converter', which will open a dialogue box like the one in the screenshot.  Choose the match to convert, do it and then I would recommend deleting the match [although there is some wisdom in analysing first and deleting later  ;) ]

The nicer way is to select the option as shown in this screenshot to 'automatic jellyfish export', then all matches are converted - I would recommend still following the other option now and then to delete the other files building up in 'internal'

That now has the file which can simply be imported into gnu...

At this point, I am going to redirect you to this forum, where you should have a browse and find out what questions have already been asked.

http://www.fibsboard.com/javafibs/

Also there are problems with this process on the mac, which vary OS to OS - if this doesn't work easily - check out the extra postings back at gnu home

http://www.gnubg.org/