News:

want to modify your profile? -- top menu  here, then "modify profile" left menu- then "Forum Profile Information"

Main Menu

comic error

Started by jtemp, April 26, 2004, 12:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtemp

i play catrun, 5 pointer, tourney comming up, i animate him to register, he did,  tourney start, I HAVE TO PLAY   CATRUN  !!!!!!!!!!!!!   leave the match will save him, but start that 1 pointer in the tourney will overwrite that saved one  ( i was on 4-1, im winning position)..........;;((((

btw... in the tourney i lost again a 3 x 6666 in a row, and a 5555, sitting on the bar ;((  [but had a nice drink;;)]
hup holland hup

jtemp

an what will happen if you play a unlimited (say you want to play intill the first one get 100 win)(BEER, DRINKS, flowers @----,- to,  :yes:)   (sure you don't want to play that in one day) an you wil be force to play again each other in a silly 1 pointer tourney???  :no:
hup holland hup

diane

Yes - you will lose your unlimited match.  So if it is too much for you to keep score with a pencil and paper.....dont enter if you know your opponent is in the tourney - since all sorts of universal laws state you will be matched with that person.

Other possibilities are - you have alternate ID - jtemp - use that to play tourney - and  the TD award the win (get agreement first) - or vice versa - play your unlimiteds under jtemp.

You have to decide how important your unlimited match is - i use them for learning / teaching and the score is completely immaterial.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

MadMatt

Unfortunately, there is no easy way around this, because FIBS allows only one saved game between two players.

If you're paired in a tourney with someone who you also have a saved game with, then:
  • one of you can play under a different login name. The loser has then has to report the result using the report loss command.
  • play on a different server (NOBS, Yahoo, whatever). Again, the loser has to report the result to TourneyBot.
  • quickly finish the saved match before starting the tourney one. This will only work if the saved match length is different than the tourney match length. (And of course, it won't work with unlimited and very long matches)
  • one of the two players can report loss without actually playing the match. Flip a coin or  something. Not the best sportsmanship, but oh well, it's not like you get a cup at the end. Well, not usually, anyway.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

adrian

:yes: cheers JT! Happend to me once too. The final choice was yours :P  : a tech funnies topic.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.