News:

welcome to Fibsboard! your global moderators are stog (and mrs stog) socksey sixty diane zorba and a wonderful group of individual board moderators ......thx to ALL

Main Menu

embedded pic in poll header or reply example

Started by stog, June 28, 2010, 09:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

if you wish to embed in the poll header, with a pic u upload to fibsboard, simply 'attach' as usual, using 'additional options' to the subject body,  then copy 'image location' (right click) to the poll question

this is the code used to copy the attached image to the poll header

[img]http://www.fibsboard.com/fibsboard-forum-match-5-83/game-1-move-14-herd-to-play-6-3/?action=dlattach;attach=4702;image[/img]  [size=13pt] this question be any length?

this example uses the pic zorba uploaded -as an attachment, and only necessitated copying its location and pasting as above in poll header -

kiss

Zorba

and

for an embedded permanent picture, especially useful when replying?

this sounds like a good method that hardly requires extra work, I'll try it out
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

Zorba

The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

diane

That went so well, I am going to try something bolder... ;)

stog

brava!
remember for poll questions add a bit at the end[size=13pt] this is the poll question?

diane

That all works a treat...next issue is around size - I have been posting the tiny boards as attachments which are more visible when clicked on...but the embedded image doesn't do that....so, I need new instructions for sizing the image on GIMP to get an acceptable image size combined with large enough to read.

stog

click the thumbnail image then copy the big  image location eghttp://www.fibsboard.com/fibsboard-forum-matches/fred(img)httpwww-fibsboard-comfibsboard-forum-match-5-83game-1-move-14-herd/?action=dlattach;attach=4716;image

diane

I had tried that, but for some reason copied some garbage in too, so it appeared to not be working. Now the image location is corrected, it is all hunky dory  :cool:

I wanna host a match  :jump: :jump:    :laugh: :laugh:

stog

the only problem is that there is a limit to the number of characters available in poll question and the image reference is fairly long, but as the question is usually only
Quoteherd 5-2?
or similiar it hardly impacts

Zorba

Why am I the only one who voted on this poll?  :laugh:

Spoiler

because
[close]

Luck is my main skill

ah_clem

Quote from: Zorba on June 29, 2010, 10:55:28 PM
Why am I the only one who voted on this poll?  :laugh:

Spoiler

because
[close]

My choice wasn't there. 

Spoiler
Splunge.
[close]

diane

Spoiler
I was waiting for someone to tell me what to do  ;)  :laugh: :laugh:
[close]

stog

Spoiler
my apologies - have offered another option (and of course altered the question!)
[close]

also u upload the attachment as before - presized, the 'innerworkings' auto thumbnail it , then u click the thumbnail, and copy the larger image location for embedding.......

socksey

Can someone explain to me why we are using spoilers in this thread?????????????   :laugh:

I know..............u just wanted to annoy me!   :yes:

socksey

"Ghosts don't make goof up's, they make Boo-boos." - Art Tugman

sixty_something

well,
Spoiler
i suspect it has to do with a running debate that is now getting silly about placing spoilers in the replies to the forum match and problem poll questions along with a somewhat curious attempt at humor by some very strange fibsters :lol: :lol: :lol:
[close]

Spoiler
are we fully annoyed yet?  B)
[close]
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

diane

Quote from: sixty_something on June 30, 2010, 05:16:48 PM
Spoiler
strange fibsters
[close]

Spoiler
It is redundant to use 'strange' there - 'fibsters' in itself means 'strange person'  ;)
[close]

Zorba

Spoiler
I miss the option "thus" in the poll, can you add that?
[close]

Luck is my main skill

sixty_something

Spoiler
:hm: given The Blundering Herd's recent choices in the match with dorbel, i think *regardless* may be another option to add
[close]
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me