News:

howdy HNY 2023
just sorting out Fibsboard a bit basically archiving it & updating the software to protect the database

let me know of any problems/ideas thx

should be easier to view on mobile devices now that's it's a more responsive design

Main Menu

Game 1, move 27, The Herd to play 6-1

Started by Zorba, July 06, 2010, 12:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorba

The Herd played 13/11(3) 8/6 last turn, dorbel 5-1 2/off 1/off.

Now it's the Herd with a 6-1 to play:

XGID=----BBEA--AC-A----------f-:1:1:1:61:0:0:0:5:10
GNUBg Id: PwAAAGxfdAIAAA:UYm4AAAAAAAA
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

ah_clem

Spoiler
11/5 7/6  - yes, this "wastes" a pip, but it makes two transitions and begins to clear the stack on the 11.  13/6, is perfectly efficient, but leads to more inefficiency later.

I don't like 13/12, because I prefer to put a checker in the home board than prepare to do so.  All this said, it probably doesn't matter much.  I doubt the equity is very different.
[close]

sixty_something

Spoiler
ok, now i've got my glasses on and see the 6 checkers on dorbel's ace point which means big time gammon trouble for The Herd .. in order to avoid a gammon we must roll a 55 or 66 and for dorbel to not roll doubles

with that in mind, the 13/6 looks like the best play .. while it only brings one checker home, it leaves us positioned to take maximum advantage of the required 55 or 66 to avoid a gammon .. if we were to leave our stragler at 13, we'd not be able to take full advantage of either the 55 or 66 and would likely need another set of doubles to escape without a gammon

how are the drinks at the bar, diane? with my cube already at 4, it is looking as if i'll be there the rest of the night while you all are greeting Mr. Crawford  :wacko:
[close]
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

diane

Spoiler
No Mr Crawford for me, I dropped that cube like a hot potato  ;)
[close]
Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Quote from: diane on July 06, 2010, 08:49:45 PM
No Mr Crawford for me, I dropped that cube like a hot potato  ;)

You got something against Hank?

PersianLord

The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

stog

Spoiler
hi z congrats in the football - painting your member orange really helped! i think we might need herding for this one : i was v unsure, but voted to get 1 in 13/6 but wonder if getting 2 in with 11/5 7/6 might not be best - will be out today so if u need to switch my vote - i will be herded by your example - thx
[close]

Zorba

Tie-breaker:

On general guidelines I voted 11/5 7/6 originally, but sixty is right: we need to set up ourselves to get maximum use out of high doubles, and 13/6 does that best. The poll is already closed, but with this change it would be 6-4 in favour of 13/6.
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill