News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Game 2, move 5, dorbel to play 2-2

Started by Zorba, July 13, 2010, 11:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorba

The Herd played B/20 24/20, now dorbel has a 2-2 to play:

XGID=a-a---DAB---dD---d-eB---B-:0:0:-1:22:0:4:1:5:10
GNUBg Id: 4PPgAUjgNXjAMA:sAGpAEAAAAAA

I think this might be my last post for a while, if diane (or someone else) wants to continue, I've attached the matchfile.
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

dorbel

A nice thing about this format is the luxury of being able to think about a play for an hour. However, the key piece of information needed to solve this one is staring me in the face and it's the pipcount. I am the clear leader, so any play involving making an anchor, particularly one as deep as the 23pt, is out. I don't want to make a point that I will have to break later, probably when the team has more threats than it does at this moment. So, if I don't want an anchor, Bar/21 is half the play and then it seems pretty clear that 6/4(2) is the rest of it. That has to be better than 13/11(2), better point and doesn't strip the midpoint. The team will probably have to attack me, but as they have four men back already and no points made, I can face a blitz attempt without too many qualms. Had they made the 5pt earlier of course, the game would look a bit different now.
Sorry to see that we won't have Zorba's hand on the tiller for a while. His understanding of the positions and concise analysis has been excellent, adding greatly to the value of the exercise.

ah_clem

If diane (or someone else) doesn't pick it up by Sunday I will. 

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

It works for me.  It seems to be missing the last roll (2-2) but otherwise looks right.

.mat is a standard format, common since jellyfish.  Both gnubg and XG support it.