News:

controversial "other online games" Board introduced --GO, Poker, Scrabble and gosh even Chess.....let me know :)

Main Menu

What about a tuesday 3

Started by Tomawaky, May 01, 2004, 10:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomawaky

With the Success of Fridays 3, I ask myself about a Tuesday 3 or another Day.

The purpose is to offer another regular tournament with another time.
What about 9 PM GMT.
I can't host it every weeks but maybe one by month it's possible.
I guess that if we were 3, 4 or even more It could be very easy to manage.

Is there some TD interested ?
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Kari_Grandi

great idea Franck, I think the players like to play in regular (weekly) tourneys like Fridays3 and Mini-Matches (which is starting officially today).

diane

Yup- i can help as and when too - though it would be tuesdays 9??

I also would like to start a regular monthly tourney (probably in june now) - longer matches - and bracketed for ratings - i am thinking along the lines of a lightweight - no lower limit - to 1450, middleweight 1450 - 1650, and heavyweight 1650 and over. Run over a few weeks - it might give some players a better chance at a win.  Gogogiz has offered to help with this - anyone else?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

burper

I'd like to help with both projects.
Tomawaky, put me down for 1 Tuesday a month.
I'll help with yours too diane. Do we each take a bracket?

diane

That is what i would like - i will take the middle weights - think that may be the biggest bracket - and the headache :-)

thx for volunteering :-)

burper

ok, i'll take the heavies.
do you want to overlap the ratings ranges a bit for people on the edge? i.e. 0-1470, 1430-1670, 1630-2500?
matchlens 5 and 7?
minimum experience? might scare away anyone trying to create a new account just to play in a lower bracket, maybe 500?
lower rep limit of 1?

Starts June 1 I assume. We need a name and description now. What did you have in mind, other than monthly?

(yay!! I'm an intermediate poster now :)

diane

ok thx - and yes - i like the idea of overlap - was fretting for ages about where to draw lines - but that sorts it out nicely.

I was thinking the names would be light, middle, and heavy weights - and of course incorporate the month - but i am open to better suggestions.

Matchlengths - for lower bracket - sure 5/7, perhaps longer for the top bracket - 7/11 - or even, 7/11 for middle - and 9/15 for top??? do you think we might have trouble getting people to play those?

Yes - june 1st - so will start advertising mid may.

Min experience is good - hadnt thought of that - and rep - hmm i like 1000, but i am open to persuasion - if you can give me a good reason to go lower. 1000 isnt so many vouches - but stops someone picking up a random vouch just to enter - or using another nick to vouch themselves positive??

mano

Hello !

I can help too for a new regular tournament on Tuesday ...

Tu peux compter sur moi pour un ou deux mardi par mois selon les besoins ....

( i now will speak one sentence in english and next one in french !)

mano  

Tomawaky

Hello,

It will be certainly done around 8:00 PM GMT as the poll point it out.
For the day I am not sur about tuesday or sunday  :wacko:
Please TD tell me your preference as sunday could maybe a little harder for me to do regularly, I am asking you  :grouphug:

I tried to work a little on this new regular tourney and have created this page to helping me in maintaining standing :
http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/bagolympic.htm

Kari, I think we can use it for the friday3 easily. So contact me if interested.

For the country feature added, just tell me what do you think about it. I found it personnaly funny, but I think there will be  :yes:  and  :no: .
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."