News:

Free Competition --3 won copies of Bgblitz2Go details  here http://www.fibsboard.com/free-competition-win-bgblitz2go-p85

Main Menu

Drop down list? What drop down list?

Started by davidyoung, August 05, 2010, 02:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidyoung

According to the help file, next to the Kibitz and Whisper options is a drop-down list that allows me to add Shout.

I've got the latest version of 3DFiBs and it's nowhere to be seen.

Where's the secret entrance to the menu that enables this?

dorbel

Step One: Uninstall 3D Fibs.
Step Two: Go to http://www.fibs.com/
Step Three: select list of clients.
Step Four: follow the instructions to install javaFibs.
Step Five: Enjoy a sorted and vastly superior client.

RickrInSF

step six: unistall javaFibs (locks up way too often)
step seven: reinstall 3dfibs
step eight: click on radio button to shout (next to "server", bottom right) (or if you havent enough exp, wait till u do)

davidyoung

I found it in the end, only it didn't look anything like the picture in the help file.

In the meantime, I tried the Java version. Then I tried another version which involved carrier pigeons to send the moves. It had the distinct advantage over the Java version of being several orders of magnitude faster.

diane

My java fibs never locks up...nor does it..

automatically close when I disconnect from fibs
pop up windows all over my game
force me to have either useful server information OR fun shouts
refuse to allow me to turn greedy bear offs on when I want to

and it does:
show me which are the odesys players
show me who is playing who for helping running tourneys
allow me to make programmable buttons for things I actually want
give me a one click option for useful toggles such as refresh board, greedy bear offs etc, rather than having the extra steps of finding it in a menu

need me to go on? because I can....

Never give up on the things that make you smile

diane

Quote from: davidyoung on August 05, 2010, 09:43:55 PMIt had the distinct advantage over the Java version of being several orders of magnitude faster.

That is down to one of two things..either your computer isnt up to spec - in which case you should get advice on telnetting from maria  ;) OR, you logged in with it a time of high server use, in which case it is the server that is overloaded and slow, nothing to do with the interface.

Never give up on the things that make you smile

RickrInSF

actually, diane and dorbel are right, javafibs has much to offer (i especially like being able to back up and see moves), the ONLY thing i disliked (and it was a killer for me) was if i go off to another app, the only way for me to tell if i got an invite was by sound (the window popping up is a plus for me), AND i could never get back into javafibs fast enough that whomever invited me was already playin with someone else (lock up is wrong term, bill gates just has a hard time letting go of one app to go to java )

socksey

Doesn't matter if the invite window pops up in front of you or not!   :mad:  Newbies and some oldies still do not give people time to check rep BEFORE they invite someone else which cancels the first invite.  I have shouted a million times while playing on Fibs.  Your second invite negates the one before!  As long as people don't know this pr have no patience to wait a moment, and continue to multiple invite, you will get a message saying that sew-in-so did not invite you no matter how quick you are to accept!   :unhappy:

socksey

"Everyone has talent at twenty-five. The difficulty is to have it at fifty." - by French painter Edgar Degas born in 1834

RickrInSF

java is so slow i missed invites from you socksey