News:

welcome to Fibsboard! your global moderators are stog (and mrs stog) socksey sixty diane zorba and a wonderful group of individual board moderators ......thx to ALL

Main Menu

Game 2, move 5: Herd 6-1

Started by diane, August 17, 2010, 12:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Spoiler

Again, I'd like to get the runner out of there, but doing so leaves a double shot and he'll hit loose.  So leave it where it is.

I see two basic ideas - make the bar point or slot the four point.  The bar point is the bird in the hand, so I'll go with that.  The one should be played 11/10, not 21/20 - the latter just puts it in range of another direct shot without increasing the number of escaping numbers.

13/7 11/10.

BTW, if I were to slot, I'd do it with 11/4 so that there are two builders bearing on the four.  We can add that as an option if anyone wants to vote for it.

[close]

RickrInSF

Spoiler
i vote 13/6, plsease put it up
[close]

stog

RickrInSF

PersianLord

Spoiler
11/5-7/6. Making the bar pt is not as important as you'd think, because there's no White man trapped. We should bear in our men home as fast as possible, as it's quite likely that the game soon might turn into a race. With my move, we bear another 2 men into our board, an in good pts.

Regards
[close]
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

RickrInSF

Spoiler
on second thought, 11/5 7/6 looks better
[close]