News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2010 cheers! .....webrunner, stog, spielberg, jackdaddy, adrian, BallardBG, diane , anononymous , Zorba , sixty_something, ah_clem , kapiti , Drake ,aviator & r_monk

Main Menu

The coming 'peak oil' and its geopolitical consequences

Started by PersianLord, September 02, 2010, 10:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ah_clem

Quote from: PersianLord on September 21, 2010, 10:11:12 AM
I asked you and your ratpack to answer a simple question and you failed miserably

The question at hand, as near as I can determine:

Quote from: PersianLord
I would like to know what do FB reader think of the ongoing debate.

I think Professor Godwin is correct as usual.

dorbel

QuoteI think the root cause of energy crisis is the same as the cause of environmental crisis, immigration crisis, human devolution crisis and many other plights of human race: over-population of earth. I blame the industrial society and the drug & medicine industries for this phenomenon.

I have a good solution to solve this problem once and for all; but won't share it for obvious reasons.

What is the solution and what are the obvious reasons why you can't share it with us? How hard can this question be?

RickrInSF

QuoteDo you consider your other fellow human beings as mere members of our species, which is called the 'human race', or as independent entities with uncompromisable dignity?
Let's dissect this question to find out why i said it would be foolish to answer.
You are really asking two questions, as if only one of the questions could be true, so let's look at the first question first.
"Do you consider your other fellow human beings as mere members of our species, which is called the 'human race'"?

What do you mean by "mere members of our species"? Are you asking if there could be something more than being a member of humanity? Or are you asking if some humans are more? (supermen perhaps?) Are you asking are all humans equal? Are you asking are all humans the same?

obviously, if you are a "fellow human being" you are a member of our species, so what exactly do you mean by "mere member"?

the second question, Do you consider your fellow human beings "as independent entities with uncompromisable dignity"?

the question of dignity immediately separates some humans from others, i do not believe you (PL) have dignity, uncompromisable or not, i believe dorbel does have dignity, is it uncompromisable? time will tell.

So again, you ask a question that cannot be answered in it's original form, and certainly both questions cannot be answered as one.

socksey

Quote from: RickrInSF on September 21, 2010, 07:16:18 PM
i believe dorbel does have dignity, is it uncompromisable? time will tell.

I believe "arrogance" best desribes dorbel's attitude and that is why I consider him so annoying except when he's discussing backgammon problems, at which time, I consider him to be useful.  :yes:

socksey

"I believe that if a man wanted to walk on water, and was prepared to give up everything in life, he could do it." - from English race car driver Sir Stirling Moss born on this day in 1929

RickrInSF

QuoteI believe "arrogance" best desribes dorbel's attitude

i used to believe this also, but have come to believe that he is only displaying what the British think of as humour. ;)
also i think he has a short temper when it comes to certain people that he has come to know on FIBS, which i think we are ALL guilty of, especially me

PS dignity and arrogance are not incompatible

dorbel

QuoteI believe "arrogance" best desribes dorbel's attitude and that is why I consider him so annoying except when he's discussing backgammon problems, at which time, I consider him to be useful.  Yes

socksey

Is there some way in which this personal comment adds to the debate, or is this merely an intervention from one of fibsboard's famously impartial "moderators"?

Zorba

Hilarious and typical.

PersianLord starts a debate only to run away from it whining, when his true eugenetic beliefs are exposed.

Let's hope he doesn't procreate before maturing a bit!   :laugh:
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

garp_02

I think there are a lot of people on Fibs who need to mature a bit.

PL is a total joke, as can be seen from this thread.

Some of the rest need to stop the playground tactics and look at things from the outside.

:)

socksey

Please refrain from personal abuse.   :shutup:  Abuse serves no purpose except to inflame others and to enlighten us to our own inadequacies and immaturity.   :yes:   That goes for me, too!   :ohmy:

socksey

"There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love." - from English race car driver Sir Stirling Moss born on this day in 1929