News:

Remember if you wish to share a pic or a story, with just a selected few, use the new extended profile with custom buddy list http://www.fibsboard.com/announcements/new-ultimate-profile-a-biopicdocumentsounds-area-that-can-only-be-seen-by-b/

Main Menu

Game 3, move 4: Herd to move 6-2

Started by diane, September 05, 2010, 09:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Spoiler

We're ahead  in the match and ahead in the race.  Why take unnecessary chances?  That lead me to play the quiet 8/2 4/2.

The thing is, hitting on the five point gives him 18 shots, while leaving the blot on the 11  gives him 16 shots - almost as many.  Hitting contests the five point and slots a valuable point, so the decision should not be based on leaving two fewer shots. OTOH, the "safe" play makes a homeboard point, and that's nothing to sneeze at.

I'm going to go with the "quiet" play 8/2 4/2, but I'm not convinced it's correct. 
[close]

PersianLord

Spoiler
11/5*-8/6. I think 11/3 is also good, having the least possibility of getting hit & dublicating White's 2s.
[close]
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K