News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

Game 1 Move 3 Zorba to play 6-4

Started by ah_clem, October 05, 2010, 12:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ah_clem

6-4 to play

ah_clem

While we're waiting for Zorba, if anyone thinks that we should pause for a cube vote, PM me. Otherwise I'm rolling.

Zorba

Running one or both backcheckers is way too risky. Slotting with 13/7 is an idea, but there's only a one to cover it, or I would have to break the stripped midpoint to cover, splitting my army. 8/4 as a four isn't that great either. The gain doesn't seem worth the risk of getting hit here.

So I just make an innerboard point with 8/2 6/2. Not too happy to go behind the anchor, but it gives me a pretty strong board, uses the extra spares effectively and leaves the position pretty comfortable to play.
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

ah_clem

I'm at the office and the gnubg .sgf file is at home, so we have a couple hours before the next roll.

Now that we have seen his play, we can think about doubling. I don't see it as being close enough to warrant a vote, but If anybody says "yes, double" in the next three hours I'll put up a cube vote.  Otherwise I'm rolling.