News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2010 cheers! .....webrunner, stog, spielberg, jackdaddy, adrian, BallardBG, diane , anononymous , Zorba , sixty_something, ah_clem , kapiti , Drake ,aviator & r_monk

Main Menu

Game 2 Move 8 Zorba take decision

Started by ah_clem, October 27, 2010, 03:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ah_clem

Zorba

It will be hard to win the race at ~30 pips down and having to escape from the acepoint. That acepoint game itself will give some later shot equity but not nearly enough for a take because of the gammon losses; besides, ~30 pips down is not great timing for an acepoint game (would like to be further behind in the race). Hitting a fly-shot in the outfield is one of the easiest routes to a win here, but the Herd's position is pretty good so there won't be many.

Adding it all up, I got some decent winning chances but not enough to compensate for the fair amount of gammon losses, I think. PASS.

Now I'll have a look at some of the previous decisions in this game which looked quite interesting. Did I miss a cube and did I later get too greedy playing on? Would the Herd have passed a cube of mine earlier on? Questions, questions...
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

ah_clem

Quote from: Zorba on October 27, 2010, 10:40:20 AM

Now I'll have a look at some of the previous decisions in this game which looked quite interesting. Did I miss a cube and did I later get too greedy playing on? Would the Herd have passed a cube of mine earlier on? Questions, questions...

I'm finishing up a couple of rollouts and in a few hours I'll post a an sgf file with all the moves and rollouts for your perusal.

You did miss a cube - right before move 5.  Gnu had that decision as double-take, so in retrospect it's probably better for you that you didn't cube.  Of course, the Herd may have dropped that cube but there's no way of knowing that at this point - gnu doesn't have a "Herd" setting, if it did we could buzz through these matches in a day or two.

The move before that had mixed bot results, as posted in the thread.  Other than those two, your cube handling  was correct, including passing this last decision.  On to game 3.