VIP Donor members get fewer ads;  Donate - don't be late
cheers

Main Menu

Game 4 Move 7 Zorba to play 6-2

Started by ah_clem, November 21, 2010, 01:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ah_clem

Zorba

On the previous turn I doubted about blitzing (8/2* 6/4), my stronger board argued for a bold move, but it was a lot of return shots and I didn't like breaking my valuable eightpoint as part of a nice priming structure against two backmen on the lower points. With my nice racing lead and the quasi-DMP score, I decided to run a backman instead. Also a lot of shots, but the Herd would have to give up something to hit and the backmen would still be isolated, so these hits didn't seem too bad.

Well, I got lucky and didn't get hit. This turn it's much easier to decide. Although 24/16 makes some progress, it gives the Herd too much freedom to improve its position, either with the backmen or by improving the homeboard. Besides I'd be left with the task of leaving the 16pt later and ahead in the race, that could be pretty soon.

The obvious move here is the blitz, this time much more powerful: 8/2* 4/2. Pointing instead of hitting loose, so only a few indirect return-shots which aren't too dangerous anyway.
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill