News:

Look into the LINKS section. Please add your favorite backgammon links.

Main Menu

Dropper and extremely rude -> "Zilbabo" (I think was the spelling)

Started by Jez_UK, November 28, 2010, 03:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jez_UK

I regularly play backgammon using my mobile.

I don't know how many dropped games I myself have but it's of the order of about 8.

About 2-3 of these are through droppers who run away from the game and the others are my doing, which often I'll ask if I can drop (usually I can't complete the game due to time constraints but do intend to complete the game at a later date).

Anyway there is ONE particular person who is evil on the Backgammon and that is this fellow (he has a rating of around 1740).

I invited him to a match and his standard message back is something along the lines of;

"You are most probably a Dropper and I don't play vile scum/vermin like you".........

WARNING;

If it takes his fancy to message you, he'll bombard you with around 400+ messages, blocking any chance you have of playing someone who is decent.

He has done this to me TWICE now.

Any way we can get this mad person off the system (yes, he can re-register but he will lose his 1740 rating) ????

Thanks,

Jez

P.S.  Another psycho is "Sneakers".

zbilbo

The standard decline message is exactly as the following:

Probably youre a phone user or a dropper, and nobody wants to play such vermin. If not: Sorry, not now. Thanks for the invitation.

Then there was some minor exchange ending in you calling me "c**t" several times.

I just did the same to you. That is, called you a c**t several times. I see now that I shouldnt have done that. Pardon me.

I should have used "WHINER!" instead.

regards ...

manual censoring...as it seems the word is getting repeated a lot. Diane

diane

ok...to check I have the story right...you invite him to a match...his standard message comes back...

'Probably you're a phone user or a dropper, and nobody wants to play such vermin. If not: Sorry, not now. Thanks for the invitation."

and you get mad at that, and reply in kind, but a bit worse? Then it escalates - and you cant keep up, because of the limitations on your interface, arguing and playing on that phone really isn't practical  ;)

The sad fact is, most Odesys players are a pain to play if you are on a computer, it isn't the persons fault [mostly]..it is about the interface.

My standard message to Odesys users is 'Sorry, I do not play players on mobile connections', most computer players will have one...and if they don't..they will have after about 10-20 dropped connections, when they can no longer invite others to play and they twig that it is the mobile users who cause this.

I am sorry there has been rudeness directed at you, but the two players you cite are long term fibsters, they are well liked and just very, very, very frustrated by the problem of Odesys players.

I would suggest you try to invite only Odesys players while on that interface, but it doesn't give you any useful information to work that out.

I have played on the interface for research purposes..and really..you are missing out on all the functionality of the site - if you can, try logging in from a computer, you will find the community much more receptive  :cool:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Jez_UK

Zbilbo,

let me inform you that to be called Vermin simply because I am playing via my phone is a appalling attitude of yours to have.  You have NO right to insult people like that and to say at the end of your standard decline message "sorry" as if that makes it okay.  That's ridiculous.

The first time you did this caper of yours, I think I had about 12 unfinished matches.  I play mainly on my phone, often when I'm in bed and not at my computer.  I don't like to play on my computer because that isn't what my computer is used for (playing games).

And that first time, yes, that tally of unfinished matches was at it's highest (for me) but at least 80% of them were agreed with my opponents to be resumed at a mutually more convenient time.  And sometimes games are abandoned due to Server issues (ever thought of that possibility ??).  None of my opponents have ever had a problem with this and were they to have, I'd rather resign the match than build a 'dropper' reputation (I NEVER leave a match unfinished, i.e. just walk away).

So perhaps you need to have a think about re-phrasing your decline message.......

I can't remember exactly how our first confrontation went but I do remember you tarring me with the same brush as all Droppers, you wouldn't accept anything I'd say (it was like "yeah, yeah") and proceeded to send me around 600 messages after you'd frustrated me.  That clogged up my phone and delayed a match I was playing by around 10minutes.

Scroll on to yesterday and I'd forgotten your ID and invited you to another match (about 2months later I'd say).  Again I saw your Decline message and it's wording just about reminded me that you were that same person. 

What did I say ??  I said the last time I bumped into someone like you I got so much texting it it messed things up (remember I'm on a phone and can't type away like on a standard keyboard).

And you did it again (yes, after I called you a name for how you really come across).

I personally think you need to be banned, you simply have no right to make assumptions about all phone users while at the same time deliberately winding those very users up with your name calling insults.

P.S.  My unfinished matches is around 6 (I believe) and believe it or not Zbilbo, some of those are thanks to Droppers......

Jez_UK

Oh and Zbilbo, let's report this honestly.

I called you a C**t once and you called me a C**t about 400times.

manual censoring...as it seems the word is getting repeated a lot. Diane

zbilbo

I have in no way denied the facts so no elaborations necessary actually, but if we are to count *cough* you actually used that word more than once, which in my book is several times.

I think I sent you about 400 lines with the word three times, and that would be about 1200 times I used it. Counting *cough* should be right!

BTW I think its very much failure in complaining here for my ban or something if thats what youre trying to achieve. Oh I may be banned from this forum maybe, but I do not think this is the right place to try to ban me from FIBS. I may be wrong though... Do your best...

Do you get more sympathy now? Will I be forced to like phone players? Will I play you on a phone next time? Will I change my message? Will I refrain from doing this again?

NO!

And I am still proud of my fighting of windmills. Just accept that you (phone players in general) are lesser. Run along now.

EOD.

Leudwulf

If I wasted time worrying about every #ss#o## who offended me on FIBS, I'd have quit about two weeks after I started.  EVERYONE needs to STFU, put their noses down and play.  Period.

Any other activity, campaign, b#t#h, moan, or smear is a futile, childish, no win situation that makes EVERYONE involved look immature.  Gag each other and get on with your lives.

Jez_UK

So Zibilbo,

My 2-3 coughs versus your 1200, and it transpires that its all because you have an Ego problem (me being lesser being because I use a phone to play BG).

Congratulations, that, plus your unwillingness to see sense in your small-minded and provocative behaviour I think shows everyone your true colours.....

(let's hope others still see you as 'likeable')

diane

Jez..please give FIBS a go from your computer...you don't even have to install the software, just put javafibs on a USB stick and run it...It is minimal traffic and does not bring any junk with it, there is no reason to protect your computer from it.

Come see shouts, laugh with regulars, play tournaments, talk to people from all around the world, learn how to resume matches so people don't get cross...there is lots more than you see from the Odesys interface - honestly.

Jez_UK

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the invite but I'm already addicted enough to BG as it is !

I play BG from my phone so that I can play either when I'm in bed, In the bathroom, or in a café etc.

And FYI, thanks to fibs and playing via my phone, I have made one very nice female friend whom I'm friends on FB and have Skyped and several other nice male acquaintances, I have been complimented several times on Fibs for my extreme politeness (true).

Kindest Regards,

Jez

(from my phone)

jackdaddy

I play mainly on my phone, often when I'm in bed and not at my computer.  I don't like to play on my computer because that isn't what my computer is used for (playing games).

And a phone is for making calls...

Jez_UK

Quote from: jackdaddy on November 28, 2010, 11:27:45 PM
  I play mainly on my phone, often when I'm in bed and not at my computer.  I don't like to play on my computer because that isn't what my computer is used for (playing games).

And a phone is for making calls...

There's always one.......

ah_clem

I remember the first time I invited zbilbo to a match; it was about two years ago.  I got his canned denial message accusing me of being a dropper and a phone user.  At the time, I had zero saved games and used 3DFIBs as a client (i.e. not a phone user)

My take at the time was " who is the A-hole with a chip on his shoulder who's accusing me of things that are easily refuted?"

Two years later, I'm still wondering.

I don't like droppers, and won't play phone users.  But that's no excuse for rudeness.  A simple no thanks or just ignoring the invitation is sufficient. No need to pick fights with people just because you can.

diane

Quote from: ah_clem on November 30, 2010, 04:15:15 AMI don't like droppers, and won't play phone users.  But that's no excuse for rudeness.  A simple no thanks or just ignoring the invitation is sufficient. No need ;) to pick fights with people just because you can.

Once again, I remember why I like this guy  :laugh:

Cannot argue with a word of that - would it kill ya to tone it down a bit, bilbo?  Go on, rise above the herd.. :cool:

Jez_UK

Hate to disappoint you Diane but no toning down I'm afraid......  :thumbdown:

Quote from: diane on November 30, 2010, 09:03:59 AM
Once again, I remember why I like this guy  :laugh:

Cannot argue with a word of that - would it kill ya to tone it down a bit, bilbo?  Go on, rise above the herd.. :cool:

diane

zbilbo

[Jez_UK keeps on inviting me]
You tell Jez_UK: Probably youre a phone user or a dropper, and nobody wants to play such vermin. If not: Sorry, not now. Thanks for the invitation.
Jez_UK says: I'm not a dropper and I'm not vermin. Are you ?
You tell Jez_UK: but youre still a phone user so just drop it
Jez_UK says: You should be banned
You tell Jez_UK: phone users should be banned
Jez_UK says: Your stinky attitude sucks
You tell Jez_UK: whiner
Jez_UK says: Name caller !
You tell Jez_UK: recursive
You tell Jez_UK: i have half an hour to spare so dont get me started
Jez_UK says: Keep taking the pills
Jez_UK says: Lets be friends zibilbo
You tell Jez_UK: no
You tell Jez_UK: just dont keep inviting me and i wont notice u
You tell Jez_UK: or talk to me for that matter
You tell Jez_UK: UNLESS ure using another client
[And he invites again]
You tell Jez_UK: Probably youre a phone user or a dropper, and nobody wants to play such vermin. If not: Sorry, not now. Thanks for the invitation.

Jez_UK

I was trying to let bygones be bygones......

You need to lighten up and chill out a bit - us phone users are not all vermin you know !

All you needed to do was play - it's only a game.

diane

Well, it did seem a bit toned down to me....no one called anyone a cough.  ;)