News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2009 cheers! .....webrunner, stog, spielberg, dickbalaska, b8factor, jackdaddy, anonymouse, diane, dropper, zorba, papillon, fiftythree, ramses, adrian, FrankBerger, krakan and ah_clem

Main Menu

Browser problem with 3dfibs

Started by yocha, December 20, 2010, 07:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yocha

For the last week every time I exit 3dfibs I get a web browser alert window stating Can not findfile///c:programfiles/3dfibs.......      it is fairly long line. It happens on all 3 computers, one using Windows XP Pro and the other two Windows System7. It only started last week and it only happens when exiting the software. It does not hurt the running of 3dfibs but it is annoying.  I am logging on from different computers at different times and sometime I use my iPad   I wander if it creates problems with the saved files,    ....any ideas?

socksey

I noticed that same thing when I was using 3dfibs, but since it didn't seem to mean anything, I ignored it.   :) 

Maybe someone out there can explain.   :wacko:

socksey

We cannot climb up a rope that is attached only to our own belt. - William Ernest Hocking

sorrytigger

As far as I understand this, 3DFibs wants to show some advertisement when you quit it. For that advertisement it uses a browser that it starts with some system command. The advertisement comes from some file in the 3DFibs installation.

You, yocha, might have lost this file for some reason. Thus, the browser issues that alert. It cannot find this file.

You might look at the alert more closely, it tells you which file is missing. Once you've installed it, the behavior will be very similar. A window (not an alert) will show up and you will have to click it away.

Merry Christmas
Andreas

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

yocha

Sorrytigger,

Thnaks for your help.

I am attaching a screen shot of the window showing the path. It has about 20 lines and there is no way I could figure it out. On my laptop and on my wife's laptop I am getting similar windows but they have only 2 lines(so far).

dorbel

I drive a 1958 Trabant which has a number of irritating faults similar to that described by Yocha. I have been offered a 2010 Nissan free if I will throw away the Trabby and stop moaning about it, but what the heck? I think I'll stick with the Trabant.

sorrytigger

Quote from: yocha on December 23, 2010, 09:55:15 PM
Sorrytigger,

Thnaks for your help.

I am attaching a screen shot of the window showing the path. It has about 20 lines and there is no way I could figure it out. On my laptop and on my wife's laptop I am getting similar windows but they have only 2 lines(so far).

You are welcome.

This looks like an entire error message in html-format. There must have a serious problem during installation. I advise you to repeat the installation, even make a new download. I don't know how you can retain files that carry personal information like rating statistics and so on. But maybe that is not much of a problem.

Download the newest version and reinstall 3DFibs.

Merry Christmas

Andreas

yocha

I tried downloading and reinstalling the software before I wrote the above message. It  did not work. The funny thing is that it happens on 3 separate computers, one running XP Pro and the others System 7.  All three were downloaded and installed separately/

socksey

Well, you can still try Javafibs!   :laugh:

socksey

If a man carries his own lantern, he need not fear darkness. - Hasidic saying

sorrytigger

Quote from: yocha on December 24, 2010, 06:37:00 PM
I tried downloading and reinstalling the software before I wrote the above message. It  did not work. The funny thing is that it happens on 3 separate computers, one running XP Pro and the others System 7.  All three were downloaded and installed separately/

Yes - very interesting, indeed. Maybe you are offline, while installing? That might explain that error message. It might want to install that file by downloading it, then doesn't get a connection and instead writes that errormessage.

Andreas