News:

VIP Donors can remain anonymous while still enjoying all the benefits.......

Main Menu

Dropped ?

Started by diane, August 05, 2006, 01:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

More news as it happens - it would seem a shame to be dropped at this point - since we chatted most of the evening, with Revilo stopping by to watch me play on many occasions!  For info - the old board is below - lets hope it was just an oversight....
Never give up on the things that make you smile

burper

I see you have a vouch for Revilo now. Perhaps the fine moderating crew would consider removing this topic now?

diane

The vouch went in before this - still havent seen him...I am still assuming it was an oversight, and as such wont remove my vouch until I am convinced otherwise.

burper

so what was the purpose of calling him out here?

diane

No purpose as such - just slightly more relevant than asking if anyone is interested in meeting an animal lover from London (dont tell padski I said that)  ;)  

Revilo

Oops, this was indeed an oversight. :huh:  This was the match where we both were slightly handicapped by alcohol, wasn't it? Well, let's resume this as soon as possible - and sorry, I shouldn't play when roaring drunk...  :unsure:  

Viele Grüße,
Oliver

diane

lol, see ya soon... :D  

diane

OOOPs, almost forgot to mention, this match has now been completed - anyone want to have a 'little flutter' before I reveal who won it... :lol:  

rir_sr

I am new to FIBS - I have some questions.
I have now been dropped seven times and this results in saved games.  In most instances I was at the point of winning.  I have duly notified RepBot of the droppers' name.  I see that my RepBot reputation is Bad.  Bad, Bad, Bad.  How does RepBot reconcile players that have been dropped to players that drop?

Secondly, I am embarrassed to say that I do not know how to recall a saved game where a bad connection has caused a drop.  I cannot find any reference in the manual to this.

Finally, I still cannot make the programmable buttons work in JavaFIBS.  I am trying to programme 'tell RepBot ask %player'.  I does not do anything.  Also, can I add the button (once it works) to the menu bar?

Hardy_whv

Quote from: rir_sr on December 08, 2006, 06:06:20 PM
I have now been dropped seven times and this results in saved games. 

Regarding beeing dropped my only recommendation is not play players with a negative reputation. Though there may be few players who have a negative reputation while not deservig it, it's still the most relyable information.

Secondly, I am embarrassed to say that I do not know how to recall a saved game where a bad connection has caused a drop.  I cannot find any reference in the manual to this.

If you use JavaFIBS, you can invite a player by just opening the invite menu. Select a player in the players list, then use the pull down menu:

Then push the buttom to the right and the player is invited to resume the match (red arrow).

Finally, I still cannot make the programmable buttons work in JavaFIBS.  I am trying to programme 'tell RepBot ask %player'.  I does not do anything.  Also, can I add the button (once it works) to the menu bar?

'RepBot ask %Player' only works for players in the players list. You have to select a player there and then it works. To do the same for inviters, you need the command 'RepBot ask %Inviter' and to have selected the inviter in the invite window. Btw, in both cases, it has to be a capital first letter (i.e. %Player instead of %player!).

Getting the programmable buttons work is sometimes a bit tricky. I therefore prefer to edit the respective configuration file (called "button") directly. It's found in the directory JavaFIBS2001/user/name_of_user/. My "buttons" file i.e. looks like that:

kibitz :-)
images\happysmiley.gif
kibitz ;-)
images\winkingsmiley.gif
kibitz :-/
images\slashsmiley.gif
kibitz :-(
images\angrysmiley.gif
toggle ready
images\pready.gif
set sortwho rating
images\say1.gif
who
images\say2.gif
set sortwho rrating
images\say3.gif
who
images\say4.gif
set sortwho name
images\say5.gif
who
images\say6.gif
k Hello & gl from Germany!
images\greet.gif
tell RepBot ask %Inviter
images\sayA.gif
tell RepBot list %Inviter
images\sayL.gif
tell RepBot ask %Player
images\punknown.gif
tell RepBot list %Player
images\doppeltesfragezeichen.gif
away I am away, back in a few minutes (probably).
images\away.gif
back
images\sayB.gif

The "buttons" file can be edited with every normal text editor. Make sure, the file is saved with the same name as before, so that no ending .txt is added.

Hope that helped,

Hardy  B)

P.S.: And don't forget to visit www.hardys-backgammon-pages.com  :thumbsup:  At the section "Articles" you find some hints about JavaFIBS as well.

Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

rir_sr

Thanks, it did.

Buttons still a mystery but I will persevere.

socksey

Look for me on Fibs sometime and I will help you with the buttons.   :)

socksey

"Say what you will, 'tis better to be left than never to have been loved." - William Congreve

Mookie

Quote from: socksey on December 09, 2006, 05:08:18 AM
Look for me on Fibs sometime and I will help you with the buttons.   :)

socksey

She certainly will.  She's always pushing my buttons.  :)

If you start reading this subject area from the first post on, it's amazing that nothing relevant happens until the very end.  You people!

Mookie, your friend.

Hardy_whv

Quote from: Mookie on December 09, 2006, 07:49:41 PM
If you start reading this subject area from the first post on, it's amazing that nothing relevant happens until the very end.  You people!

Can you help me identifying the relevant part here, Mookie?

Hardy  B)
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

socksey

Mookie is special!  ALL his parts are relevant!   :lol:

socksey

"I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding." - Jacques le Blanc, French ambassador on nuclear weapons

Mookie

Quote from: Hardy_whv on December 10, 2006, 12:20:27 AM
Can you help me identifying the relevant part here, Mookie?

Hardy  B)

hardy,

i just thought that, by definition, when i started posting it became relevant.  :)

Mookie, Shuggie's Fiance