News:

controversial "other online games" Board introduced --GO, Poker, Scrabble and gosh even Chess.....let me know :)

Main Menu

External display problem

Started by Cloxo, January 28, 2011, 04:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloxo

I usually run javafibs with my laptop plugged into an external monitor so that I have two screens. The external monitor is set as the primary display when attached. When I play, I put the primary javafibs screen on the secondary display and the board on the primary. When I travel, I only have the laptop display. On the road, when I fire up javafibs, it places the opening screen on the non-existant secondary display and I can't see it. Very frustrating. Is there a java command I can put in a batch file that will force the program to open on the primary display? Can a feature be added that checks whether the program is trying to open on a non-existant screen?

diane

Isn't this something that should be set up on the laptop itself - ideally, recognising whether there is an extended desktop or not?  When I move my work laptop around [which is normally set up as an extended desktop], it automatically sorts all that out...but then, we do have quite clever IT guys  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

mpetch

If you're using Windows 7, try launching javafibs (it will appear off screen of course), then try holding the Shift AND (Windows Logo key) and then press Left or Right arrow. This will move a window left or right from one display to another.

One method that works for Xp/Vista/Win7 is also documented here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/bring-misplaced-off-screen-windows-back-to-your-desktop-keyboard-trick/