News:

Free Competition --3 won copies of Bgblitz2Go details  here http://www.fibsboard.com/free-competition-win-bgblitz2go-p85

Main Menu

Game 3, move 22: Herd 3-2

Started by diane, January 28, 2011, 06:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

The three is forced, bar/22 - so just the 2 to place...

Position ID: 93gHAIDbTjEAIA
Match ID: UYmpAAAAGAAA

Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Spoiler

We have three objectives:  run off the gammon, try to make another homeboard point and maybe have a chance to win, and prevent him from sending  another checker back.  These are in decreasing order of importance, and the third objective is not very important at all.

7/5 hits the first two objectives (bear in and slot a point), so let's do that.  

[close]

stiefnu

QuoteThe three is forced
No it ain't, there are four pieces that can move 3, from either the 4, 6, 7 or 10 points...

socksey

Were we on the bar, making the 3 forced?   :unsure:  I'm confused.  If so, maybe we should make that clearer.   :yes:  I'm looking at the choices and thinking, wtf?   :laugh:  Then I scroll down and find stiefnu's comment.   :)

socksey

"Your goals are the road maps that guide you and show you what is possible
for your life." - BROWN

diane

Quote from: stiefnu on January 28, 2011, 02:12:10 PM
  No it ain't, there are four pieces that can move 3, from either the 4, 6, 7 or 10 points...

Apologies...since on the last move we danced...and with ah_clems comment two moves ago.. 'lace up your dancing shoes'..I kinda thought people were following.  Since the three was forced, I moved that - to give the view of how the board would look once that move was done - you chose the two, in context of where the other checker is...so yes...bar/22 had already been moved - so just the two left to play!

Hope that helps..and I will try to be clearer next time  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

Since I was unclear as to what was happening, I was waiting for your reply before voting, diane.    :)  But when I came in again this morning (very early my time), you had already closed the voting and moved on to the next move.   :ohmy:  I would have voted for 10/8 and I think you should have waited a bit longer in order for others who might also have been confused to catch up.   :unsure:  We aren't all as quick as you.   :(  Oh, and I missed the notation at the top of your second post saying that the first checker had already been moved.  Sorry.

socksey

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today." -William Allen White