News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Game 4, move 2: Herd 4-3

Started by diane, February 08, 2011, 07:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Position ID: sGfwESDgc/AAUQ
Match ID: UYmxACAAGAAA

Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Spoiler

Making the anchor loses fewer gammons, and that's definitely a factor at this score.  The thing is, it seems passive and it may be too early to adopt a defensive posture.

I think hitting gives us more chance to win and since a single point win is enough to ice it, I'm inclined to hit here.  If we hit now, we knock him off-balance since he has to use half his roll to enter and we'll then have a good chance to anchor next roll. If we don't hit now, we probably won't have a chance next roll - he'll escape his blot on the 9 and we'll have a hard time containing the runner so we're looking at playing defense with a big pip deficit.

The other thing I like about the hit is that it unstacks the 13 and develops some point-making threats.

bar/22 13/9* for me.

[close]