News:

Remember if you wish to share a pic or a story, with just a selected few, use the new extended profile with custom buddy list http://www.fibsboard.com/announcements/new-ultimate-profile-a-biopicdocumentsounds-area-that-can-only-be-seen-by-b/

Main Menu

FIBSTYTENTOURNY

Started by Tomawaky, February 16, 2011, 08:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomawaky

This year we will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the creation of our league.
On this occasion I want to organize a great bracket tournament.

Qualification are simple : email me with FibstyTenTourny in the Subject and answer these 3 questions :
- What do you think about the league in general ?
- What are you enjoing here ? The good points ?
- What is missing or can be improve ?

The Tournament will be a double-elimination bracket, with each match played as best of Five 5Pts Matchs
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Tomawaky

60 players in actually.
I will start it in april. Be ready. And late comers don't forget to register
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Tomawaky

Registration for the FIBSTYTENTOURNY is now closed with 64 entries. Next subscribers will be on the waiting list in case of no show in the first round.

I still need to write the page for post result that will be done in next week.

:feest005:

moonshadow

Am I the only one that's noticed that only 9 first round match ups out of 32 have been completed?

This is going rather slowly and it really shouldn't be taking this long to complete the first round.

Any ideas?

PS: Here's the bracket.

socksey

Is there a bracket somewhere?

socksey

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.. - Rita Rudner

manxcat

Ok Toma,
where are the rules and the directions to post?
I would rather be villified for doing the right thing, than be praised for doing the wrong thing. -unknown, very likely it was me.

moonshadow

Ok Toma,
where are the rules and the directions to post?

You play the best of 5, 5 point matches and the winner records results (CLICK HERE for rules and bracket). In other words, the first player to win 3 matches, wins the set.

Winner records (CLICK HERE).

Loser confirms (CLICK HERE).

Tomawaky

Sorry was on vacation and not often on Fibsboard.
All has been answered.

There is a special menu for FibsTyTenTourny
The bracket here with rules at the bottom

I've just sent an email to any of the unplayed first rounds.

A little result about the questionnary to register in the fibstytentourny :
10 players found great the structure of the league - 1 not
16 players found it Fun.
8 appreciate match length and 2 not.
8 find that the league is well run ( thanks :-) )
14 found that there is good opponents.
14 found that there is great players.
There is some others comments but I will not post all here...

But most of you (23) have found that scheduling match is difficult. I know that it's a big probem and any kind of idea is welcome on this subject.

One thing that I realize is that some of you do not even know that it was possible to email others players at the player information page.

socksey

You've done a wonderful job, Toma!   :yes:  Congrats on the 10 yrs!   :applaus:  My how the time flies when...........u know!   :laugh:  Much improvement has been made in your website over the years, too!   :)

Thank you!

socksey

"A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead." – Leo Rosten, American humorist and author, born in 1908

garp_02

Just wanted to bump this as, surprisingly, I haven't lost yet.

Anything happening? The consolation bracket seems to have ground to a standstill and the main bracket will have to wait long time for the catching up process.

Regards,

Garp

Tomawaky

You're right.
I do not follow it for the summer holidays and was actually creating a league for the French federation that take me some time.

I will message players
but here is the bracket : http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/flgty/flgty.php?bracket=F10T&Year=2011
I don't see any reason why players always waiting me to reming them their match to play  :wacko: