News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2012 cheers!
..thx Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, aviator, r_monk ,captainmubbers,Tom roygbiv*, anonymous and yyy

Main Menu

Move for consideration by the Herd....

Started by diane, March 18, 2011, 09:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

What is the best way to play 4-1?  The reason I ask, is that gnu is gving me vastly different results on roll out, compared to quick analysis. I know the roll out should be best - but the result is so different, I wonder if the settings are correct!!

Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

If rollout differs from analysis, it's usually an indication that you need a longer or better rollout.  For instance, I usually analyze at 2-ply and roll out at 0-ply.  If they agree, then I accept it, but if they don't  I go for a 2-ply rollout.

In this position, I'm pretty sure the hit is correct, but I'm not sure where to play the ace: 24/23 doesn't do anything constructive, 9/7 makes a candlestick, and slotting may be too counterindicated due to his stronger position.  I'd slot the 7 point (fewer return hits than slotting the 5) and hope to make a point next turn. The thing is, we're just about guaranteed to be on the bar next turn with a loose hit - how best to prep for a hitting festival?  maybe covering up is best?

diane

Will wait for more comments..before letting on what I did do..and what results I got. The roll out is the one that you instructed me on setting up.

All analysis on my previous gnu version was 2 ply - this one doesnt have that - so is set at 'world class'
Never give up on the things that make you smile