News:

VIP Donor members get fewer ads;  Donate - don't be late
cheers

Main Menu

New boards

Started by alef, May 29, 2004, 03:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alef

I've made a blue and white board based on a mix of the one used at GammOnLine and my own settings for gnubg. There's also precision dice  ;)

Below is a screenshot, and I've attached the full folder zipped just below.

alef

After unzipping simply add this folder to your existing Boards folder.

This is now version 2 of the Blue & White board.

gogogiz

:D  Thankyou.. thankyou and thankyou alef, i have been waiting a long time for a new javafibs board and you have produced a fantastic board for us fibsters.. thanks alef and may i have many a winning game on my new backgammon board..

thanks again alef.... from gogogiz

:D  

diane

i would love to try it - but i cant unzip stuff  :( And sooo wanted to try those precision dice!! :)  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tomawaky

Really nice Board
I love it :hart:

Wanna play :jump:  
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Tomawaky

First Match with it, First win  :P
I think I will keep it  :agree:  
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

cthulhu

Quotei would love to try it - but i cant unzip stuff 
Hmm. How did you manage to "install" JavaFIBS if you can't unzip? You can try http://www.winzip.com/ for an unzipper. I think you can still use a free trial for it.

burper

diane

QuoteHow did you manage to "install" JavaFIBS if you can't unzip

That is an interesting story :)

I had winzip, and installed java, then my son downloaded something else - which stoppped winzip working (and java properly).  Webrunner helped me get rid of that, but now i still cant unzip stuff - and since last time everything went belly up - havent had the heart to go trying to get it again - in fact i havent been able to download stuff for ages now - so cant get all the good stuff like netscape that i wanted.  This is a very unhappy machine  :(   I put off doing anything about it, short term, based on that dream i have of getting a better one quite soon.  :D  

webrunner

Zipgenius is  nice too.. a little bit more userfriendly for beginners.
And some nice extra tools like a password manager and ftp client.

http://www.zipgenius.it/index_eng.htm

Loads of features like multiple zip open enad transferring files from one zip to another, (look here), connect to virusscanner, backup, etc. etc.

And..... free!  :jump:  
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

diane

ok, thx once again folks - http://www.7-zip.org worked a treat - and i can  now unzip stuff!! I have the board - off to see what else i have lying around that needs unzipping :)

alef

I've been tweaking my Blue & White board for a while and now have put up version 2 for download. Changes:
- textured background
- undo arrow in middle
- narrower bar
- shadows in same direction
- piece edges smoother
- pieces and points align better

volpe

i'd always installed your board...
when i set up a new windows i first only had the standard-boards of javafibs. and i lost nearly every match...
when i loaded your skin again my bad luck was broken :D
it's the best!!

paulie

I have taken Alef's good-looking board and just increased it in size about a factor of 1.4.  That size seems good to me.  I've called it big_alef and attached is a zip file containing the files needed.  Obviously you can name it whatever you please, but it is still Alef's design.

Nice work, Alef!
I try to avoid experience; most experience is bad.   -Wilde

paulie

I have made a further mod to Alef's board.  I found that the points weren't contrasting enough for me, so I darkened the dark ones.  If anyone wants, I can zip up the whole shebang again.  For some reason, just using the background.png won't work correctly.  Somehow the board got shifted by 3 pixels in both x and y directions, so the normal.metrics and reverse.metrics files had to be adjusted accordingly.  It might have something to do with having to export the new file out of Gimp, but I'm not sure.  I am a new Gimp user and haven't figured out how to use all the features yet.

paulie

I redid the board from my previous post so that the original .metrics files would work.  If you downloaded what I called alef_big, you can use this background.png in its place.