News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

IIBGF (International Internet Backgammon Federation) - General

Started by dorbel, May 06, 2011, 08:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zagloba

A new topic within the International Internet Backgammon Federation sub-forum has been added to address discussion relating to the periodical IIBGF Update Reports. The June 2011 Update and subsequent discussion threads, originally covered within this topic, have been moved to the IIBGF Update Reports topic thread.

moonshadow

With little fanfare the third tournament of FIBS players registered in the IIBGF has just commenced:

http://iibgf.weebly.com/promotionmasters006.html

Masters Class 006

yuri
Kristoffer
rawo
krazula
mano
PersianLord
virtuosity
paulc
yoyo
Hardy_whv
DiceMechanic

stog

garp_02

can anyone tell me where to find e-mail addresses in order to arrange matches please?

moonshadow

Quote from: garp_02 on July 27, 2011, 12:41:59 PM
can anyone tell me where to find e-mail addresses in order to arrange matches please?

Right now the email addresses aren't available and its intended that one use the fibs 'message' system to contact opponents. (I know because I already asked TD Zagloba).

I've played a fair number of IIBGF matches and I haven't found not having opponents' email addresses has been an issue--most are keen to play and respond to a fibs 'message'.

I'm sure if this ends up being an issue the TD would have some means of facilitating communication between players.

Perhaps Zagloba could add some comments here as well.

Tomawaky

if the player has subscribed in FLG and you too, you can use the mail form to send mail to this player
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

garp_02

Thanks you two.

There is at least one player in my group who isn't in FLG - not even sure if he's Fibs.

I'm sure it'll be fine though - everyone seems eager to get things moving - new league etc etc.

Cheers,

Garp

garp_02

Found him/her with 'whois'

Can you give me a quick rundown on the 'message' command?

moonshadow

Quote from: garp_02 on July 27, 2011, 10:41:04 PM
Found him/her with 'whois'

Can you give me a quick rundown on the 'message' command?

message <username> <your message>

type the above in the command line where username is the name of the person you wish to send the message and 'message' is what ever you want to say.

Alternatively, if you have javafibs, add the person you wish to contact as a friend, click the friends name and select the 'leave message' command. Type your message in the pop up box and send it.

garp_02

garp_02

moonshadow

Unfortunately, it is effectively dead. It was a great idea.

I confirmed this with Dubrovnik, who cited bad health and that one else wanted to be involved in it.

My opinion, based on first hand reports from various Tournament Directors and others involved, is that Dubrovnik, to put it mildly, is an extremely poor and incompetent manager and that he alone is responsible for its failure.

The problem is not that people don't want to be involved, as Dubrovnik told me,  its that most everyone that was involved ended up quitting because it was impossible for them to work with him.

garp_02

I'm assuming that much of that was tongue-in-cheek Moon?

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

i offered assistance and agreed  to skype a meeting; we  actually set up a test forum for him to use as they wanted, but he was very defensive and undelegating; and in fact fairly ungracious and i drew the impression that any involvement would be a thankless and difficult task so i never pursued any further help

it could be that there were language issues but he did seem quite inflexibile, so maybe he has not been in good health
shame because it allowed for greater bg interaction and could of led to more server competitions!

what happened with the last inter server comp btw?

moonshadow

Quote from: stog on February 25, 2012, 02:19:25 PM
i offered assistance and agreed  to skype a meeting; we  actually set up a test forum for him to use as they wanted, but he was very defensive and undelegating; and in fact fairly ungracious and i drew the impression that any involvement would be a thankless and difficult task so i never pursued any further help

Yes, I was aware of your offers of assistance and so forth and you were wise to not pursue the matter. Your assessment of Dubrovnik is also correct as he treats the opinions and contributions of others with the utmost disrespect and contempt, vastly overrates his own capabilities and intelligence and once he has what he needs from you, discards you on the trash heap of broken promises and commitments.

Suffice it to say that the reason many of the top players in backgammon like stick, mochi, steamsax and falafel initially joined the IIBG, and thereby giving it almost instant credibility, was not because of Dubrovnik and his winsome ways.

it could be that there were language issues but he did seem quite inflexibile, so maybe he has not been in good health
shame because it allowed for greater bg interaction and could of led to more server competitions!

Though not proficient in English, language was not the issue and neither was health.

what happened with the last inter server comp btw?

I gather it died along with the rest.

One of the reasons I am so angry about this whole thing other than the fact I enjoyed playing in the format is that it really was good concept and there were so many positive things that could have been done with it if only it had been run properly and not by [...] who ruined it by driving away any and all that would work with him.

personal bashing edited out - Zorba

taulajoe

Hi all!

Please check:

ebif-e.blogspot.com

this bottom up structure is developed for alle this enthusiastic players - which participated at iibgf - and like to work together for one idea: playing backgammon online with national and international tournaments a common elorating - and also erroratedatabase..

happy for you feedback and help!!!

bernhard mayr - taulajoe

KDP

That's fine for all you guys in Europe, but what about us in the US/Canada?

dubrovnik

Quote from: moonshadow on February 25, 2012, 12:12:34 AM
Unfortunately, it is effectively dead. It was a great idea.

I confirmed this with Dubrovnik, who cited bad health and that one else wanted to be involved in it.

My opinion, based on first hand reports from various Tournament Directors and others involved, is that Dubrovnik, to put it mildly, is an extremely poor and incompetent manager and that he alone is responsible for its failure.

The problem is not that people don't want to be involved, as Dubrovnik told me,  its that most everyone that was involved ended up quitting because it was impossible for them to work with him.

:cool: