News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2012 cheers!
..thx Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, aviator, r_monk ,captainmubbers,Tom roygbiv*, anonymous and yyy

Main Menu

Board styles

Started by webrunner, March 16, 2003, 09:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webrunner

If you created new board styles please post them here.
I will start of with two new ones.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

webrunner

Here is number two, a combination of the first and the second board i have made.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

webrunner

Just to be complete.. the first board i made:
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Tomawaky

FibsLeaGammon's Board
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Tomawaky

Another FibsLeaGammon's Board ;-)
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Tomawaky

:jump: The Tomawaky's Board :jump:  

Sinatra

I just downloaded 3dfibs and would like to either make a new board or download one. I see in preferences only a default board. Can anyone please help. Thank you in advance! <_<  

Tomawaky

replace the board.jpg with one on of those upper  

Sinatra

:rolleyes: Please forgive my ignorance but I'm new at this, can you please explain to me how to get one of the boards above and also I didnt see any board file in the directory to replace it with.  

webrunner

Or better: read this topic: How to create a new board in 3DFibs
;)

There are also nice checkers and dice here.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Tomawaky

checkers for Tomawaky'board

sungam

OK.

I psted this before, but the hacker (Nut) wiped everything. So here it is again.

I can't stand playing with such a bland graphical interface, can you? Here's one of my boards, checkers and all ......

Like I said, I've been working on a natural board. Its based on a natural photo, but I need permission to post it. Got any suggestions for board styles? Let me know and 3D Fibs might just become nice to look at.

webrunner

I am missing a green one.. every backgammon program has a green one.

:)
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

sungam

You might like this one webrunner . . . .
:D

Mag

webrunner

Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

sungam

Here's the natural Board for everyone. They should bundle 3D Fibs with something like this.

Its what I play with.

You can thank me if you use it by asking me to play a couple of games. You'll probably win anyway! Not like I get online for backgammon often, but look out for me - Sungam...

Enjoy... !

sungam

Sorry, that had my name on it!

You might prefer this one...

sungam

And here's all the dice and checkers and stuff. I spent some time making sure it all fitted farily well and looked sort of natural.

If it doesn't, do it yourself! Ha!

Magnus

webrunner

Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Colordeath

I  made one, too. Its my first, so it is not the best one, but I like it.

Colordeath

Now a complete Style. It contains:
an improved board
Checkers
dices
cube
a pic Tray

when you use this Style, you have the black checkers.

Color

tucsonAZ

I am working on a bigger board for 1024 screens and will be making all boards easier to configure with simple xy locations for the checker placements to be read from a text file. With this method, boards and checkers can by any size. Just fill out about 5 or 6 entres (left , top bar offset etc.. )

I had some ideas about making a full screen picture background but I dont know yet if it's going to be more of a hassle than its worth. Here is a picture of what it would look like. I had some help from gnubg making these boards. Cut and paste is about all I can manage with a graphics program.

http://download-texas-holdem-poker.com//backgammon/images/ancients_legacy_1024.jpg

I will be posting intermittent update 3dfibs.exe files on the home page as I go along if anyone wants to try em out before I finish and upload the whole package. Anything after 3.0.83 should be easily configurable for a bigger board.

maareyes (tucsonAZ on fibs)

tucsonAZ

3DFiBs 3.0.85 sneak peek. Stay tuned. Main changes are in the pics folder (bigger board, data.txt and background folders). And a full screen mode under preferences menu

http://download-texas-holdem-poker.com/backgammon/3dfibs3085.zip

Kari_Grandi

Hi Maareyes!

Can you fix the problem with .0.83 version, when I exit the program and if there is chat boxes
open it doesnt close them as well.

Some players many times want 'em to be invited in 2pt matches (they dont know how to use command
'invite player 2') always during mini matches tournament. Can you add 2pts to invitation?

Cheers
Kari

tucsonAZ

Hi Kari,

Thanks for the chat box bug report. I have made some changes in recent version to fix the chat box issue. I dont use chat much so I hadn't noticed it. I dont have any old version updates. only 4.0 or higher.

The match length combo box can be edited directly. No need to type the command. Just enter a 2 in the box. I personally dont like 2 pt matches as they appear to be a ploy (maybe I'm, wrong)  to take advantage of someone who does not understand correct cube handling at that match score (pretty much a double/take from the getgo). I think 1-3-5 is the right way.

maareyes

http://download-texas-holdem-poker.com/backgammon/download.html

Kari_Grandi

Hi,

new version looks/works really well. Nice to play with bigger board now.
Although red checkers were not for my taste but thats easilly fixed ;)

Thx for Your continuous updates!

Kari

tucsonAZ

Just a quick note on changes..

To switch between full screen and regular mode (need to do this to see the player list) use the mnimize/maximize buttons or double click the wndow title bar.

Checker.bmp has changed from 3 checkers to the simple single checker one up one down.

To align checkers on a custom board, go to menu preferences->options->configure board data. This will open the text file data.txt. change the numbers in there, save the file and click the button again to see the checkers adjusted. No more need to make boards same size as original.

There is also now a backgrounds sub folder in each pic/boards folder. You can place your own pics in there.

When in full screen mode, move the mouse up or down to the edge to see the controls.

tucsonAZ

Here is a board that webrunner had made. It used to be included in the main install but got left out after some spacing incompatibilities appeared in one of the updates. Now with the new version, it took me all of 15 minutes to scale it up to a bigger size and add my own checkers and configure the spacing.

I have also added a detailed "How to make your own boards" section to the home page under support. It outlines how I went about creating the default board even though my graphic artistic skills are limited cut and paste. http://download-texas-holdem-poker.com/backgammon/custom.html

Now there is no excuse for anyone not to have their very own 'dream" board.  :thumbsup2:

tucsonAZ

Here is an antique looking board I stole from David Levy's tric trac page

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/david.levy/trictrac/

(I think he said I could use it..  :blink: I will ask again.

The sample jpg below is full screen mode of version 4.0. MOve the mouse up to the top corner to see the toobar and menus, double clidk the title bar (maximize) to switch to normal mode and back.

maareyes (tucsonAZ on fibs)

Victoria

Ok, I really liked the driftwood style, but I'm a freak for the color blue, so I took all of the images driftwood (except picTray) and did everything in shades of blue only I added a new picture for picTray.  I haven't figured out how to choose a new background pic for fullscreen mode yet.  I blessed the theme with a new name "shadesofblue".  I've uploaded the theme in a zip file for ya's if that's allowed, if not I apologize and won't do it again.  Anyway, hope you like.

tucsonAZ

You can baptize, bless name, rename and edit your themes as you see fit and you are encouraged to upload and share them.

The backgrounds folder scheme has changed from early versions of 4.0xx. (as documented in the recent changes list on the downloads page) There is now only 1 backgrounds sub folder under pics rather than the redundant backgrounds in every themes folder scheme of the early versions.

You can add jpg or gif formated pictures into your backgrounds folder and select from a list while in fullscreen mode (move your mouse to the bottom right corner to see the filelist box).

Nice work on the pictray.jpg. It matches the theme nicely  :cool:

Quote from: Victoria on April 22, 2007, 10:59:28 PM
Ok, I really liked the driftwood style, but I'm a freak for the color blue, so I took all of the images driftwood (except picTray) and did everything in shades of blue only I added a new picture for picTray.  I haven't figured out how to choose a new background pic for fullscreen mode yet.  I blessed the theme with a new name "shadesofblue".  I've uploaded the theme in a zip file for ya's if that's allowed, if not I apologize and won't do it again.  Anyway, hope you like.

TimDugan

ok....I am REALLY new to this, I need to replace the boards now (too dark...backround of the points to the checkers) before I go nuts.  How?? I have Windows XP... what files go where?
"A committee of two people is most effective when one doesn't show up." -Phil Simborg

scivias

I made this style out of the board I use in GnuBG. It's called "Terminal" and even has a background to go with it. Hope you like it.

Rafaelito

Looks like there hasn't been too much movement here lately. :unsure:

Anyway, I wanna share with you my personal board for 3DFIBS.

I'ts called 3DFIBS Rafaelito Board, after my user name at FIBS server.
Below you can see a small preview.
For more full size screens, details and downloads use the link.

http://rafaelito.zxq.net/index.html

If you like it, feel free to use it.  :yes:

Tomawaky

KDP

i like this one a lot.   good job.  :cool:

socksey

I like this one a lot, too!   :yes:  I've never changed my board so I don't know how to do it.   :unhappy:  I left a message for you at the board site.  Well done!   ;)

socksey

At some point, hanging in there just makes you look like an even bigger loser. - Lithograph from Despair.com

spielberg

Sox these are 3dFibs boards and won't work in JF.

Talking of not working the more the merrier at "Work Can Wait Forever" Monday night 3/5 tourney. registration from 18:00 UTC and play from half past EVERY Monday.

stog

can they not be converted to jv - i like webby's blue bayou. anyone know how?

socksey

QuoteSox these are 3dFibs boards and won't work in JF.

I'm aware this is a 3DFibs board, spiel.   :)  I use JavaFibs when I am acting as Tourney Director, but I like to play using 3DFibs at other times as well.   :)  I would like to know how to change my 3DFibs board. 

socksey

If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly." - Lithograph from Despair.com

Rafaelito

Quote from: socksey on October 10, 2009, 02:04:37 AM
I would like to know how to change my 3DFibs board. 

socksey

Well socksey, thanks for your feedback on the site. I've just added a tutorial about changing boards and
personalizing fonts and colors.  http://rafaelito.zxq.net/tutorial.html
Take a look, I think you will find it quite easy.  :yes:

For those who use Javafibs: I've used it too, just for trying how it works, but I feel more comfortable with 3DFibs.
Anyway, I've ported the 3DFIBS Rafaelito Board to Javafibs and look ok, but I need to fine tune the
dice, cubes and other icons position data so they don't look offset. It's a painful task.
Stay tuned I'll be posting it soon.  :cool:

Cheers!

Rafaelito

socksey

I'm having a blonde day.  It didn't work for me.  First hitch was when I wasn't sure if i wanted the zip or the RAR file.  I don't remember which one I chose, and got it into my pic file, but it didn't show up when I went to preferences/board, although I could see it there when I just looked at the pic file.   :cry:  Any advice now?   :laugh:

socksey

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. - Eric Hoffer

Rafaelito

Quote from: socksey on October 11, 2009, 08:05:01 PM
..I don't remember which one I chose, and got it into my pic file, but it didn't show up when I went to preferences/board, although I could see it there when I just looked at the pic file....

Sounds like you didn't extracted the folders, but just dropped the rar or zip file there... ?  :blink:

If so, you need to extract the folders into the "pics" folder for 3DFibs to find them there. Check it. ;)

Rafaelito

socksey

QuoteIf so, you need to extract the folders into the "pics" folder for 3DFibs to find them there. Check it.

How do I do that?   :mellow:

socksey

I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone has printed gibberish all over it and put your name at the top. - An English Professor, Ohio University

ah_clem

Quote from: socksey on October 14, 2009, 04:49:14 PM
How do I do that?   :mellow:

In Windows, right click on the .zip file, choose Extract to...  and tell it where to put the extracted files.  Or just double click the file and see where the extracted files go - move them if necessary.

Since you're asking about 3DFibs, I assume you're running Windows...

samsami

Am I mistaken or what?
It seems like many boards are uploaded without the dice.
Or the zip-files don't have the data.txt file or miss the pictray.

Is there anywhere where I can find complete sets (board, checkers, cubes, data.txt, dice, pictray and wbflat) in one go?

Thanks!

samsami

sermester

Hi !
If you like RafaeLito Small Board and you want a smaller one, try this. (RafaeSito)  :)

sermester

sermester

sermester

soccer  :cool:

sermester

Quote from: samsami on November 25, 2009, 01:44:40 PM
Am I mistaken or what?
It seems like many boards are uploaded without the dice.
Or the zip-files don't have the data.txt file or miss the pictray.

Is there anywhere where I can find complete sets (board, checkers, cubes, data.txt, dice, pictray and wbflat) in one go?

Thanks!

samsami
RafaeSito, Rafaelito_Jr, Wood, WR, soccer are complete sets !