News:

click the little + - buttons to customise your Fibsboard (unclick them sometimes to see what you're missing :)

Main Menu

Important: Mac OS X Lion and JavaFibs

Started by moonshadow, July 22, 2011, 07:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonshadow

I upgraded from Mac OS 10.6 to the new 10.7 Lion and JavaFibs does not work.

I get the following ridiculous error message, which is ridiculous because I'm connected to the Internet and the latest java applications are part of the Mac OS system software and nothing need be added to run java based programs:

QuoteTo open JavaApplication, you need to install a Java runtime, but you are not connected to the Internet.
To install a Java runtime later, open JavaApplication again

If someone knows how to contact Inim, perhaps they can get him to take a look at this.

=======

I just figured out out the problem.  Apple in the past has always included Java Runtime as part of the default operating system and so Mac users could just download java based programs and they would run.

However, Apple has decided not to include Java Runtime with the new Mac OS 10.7 Lion, which means Javafibs won't work and the above error message will pop up.

Lion users must go here and download the necessary Java software: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1421

Once that is done, Javafibs will run without problems, which I am sure Inim will be relieved to hear.

stog

java isn't installed with lion - u have to do an extra d'load/install