News:

enjoy the front page random images , random like dice on fibs! ethereal not material, and try and name them ..

Main Menu

Another Nubie extremely frustrated with dropping!

Started by SirHavalot, August 04, 2011, 05:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirHavalot

Hi all, I am new, and like a lot of people it seems, I am becoming very frustrated with droppers.  I just received the following error message from a user, who was playing extremely slowly, and finally dropped me.  He was not a phone user.

QuoteNetwork error with [User Name]. The game was saved.
I have been very diligent about finishing my games, but, despite my best efforts, I have now been dropped by 5 players.

I have Two questions:

• Even though the above error message indicates fault with the other player, will this count against me?

• What can I do with the other 4 dropped games?  I have never seen these individuals online again, and am not very optimistic that they will return.

Thanks in advance for your help. :unhappy:
An action promulgated out of desperation will inevitably end in tragedy; for as its anagram so aptly foretells:  A rope ends it. ©

diane

Read this thread - the information is exactly the same...in fact read any of these threads to see why I am reluctant to type it all out again.

http://www.fibsboard.com/droppers/droppers-3744/

The 'network error' you list does not mean the other player was at fault, or intentionally dropped you. It means they lost connection to the internet, and therefore fibs for some reason. A deliberate disconnection is listed as '<playername> drops connection'. A player timing out is also an unplanned disconnect.

It helps to deal with this situation if you assume innocence and imagine them at home, pissed off and frustrated because they cannot finish the match they were playing  ;) [I probably find it easy to do this, because it HAS happened to me, lots of times, and it is as annoying as anything to be severed forcibly from FIBs  :laugh:]

You really will get the hang of it if you read the material, and be able to avoid droppers easily.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

SirHavalot

Thank  you for your reply, diane; it was most helpful.

I read your link, further studied, and am now following the common sense 'safety precautions'

I noticed today, that the system has removed three out of five of my saved games, which is a relief.  Its good to know that dropping a game unintentionally is not a life sentence, and that MissManners will not be always admonishing me me: She's a bit scary, you know!
An action promulgated out of desperation will inevitably end in tragedy; for as its anagram so aptly foretells:  A rope ends it. ©